It's official, he's a ROCKSTAR!

I can't think of a better topic to blog about for my "blogging comeback" than my son's rock-and-roll debut...

Yup, it's official! My boy Jeromy is DEFINITELY a ROCKSTAR! Last week he was invited by his uber-cool guitar teacher, Mr. Rogel, to play guitar with his band at a gig. Jer was soooo excited and honored to be invited, as this was the first time he was going to be able to play with a band, AND it would be his debut LIVE performance. As nervous as he was, he just kept working hard and practicing. He had to learn two songs: "Knocking on Heaven's Door" by Bob Dylan, and "Blue on Black" by Kenny Wayne Shepard. He had less than a week to learn his part for both songs, including a solo for "Knocking on Heaven's Door", we are all a bit nervous about whether he would be ready. There were times during his rehearsals and practice when he struggled, but he kept going. And the night of the gig, my baby boy ROCKED!! These are pics from that night, an awesome Sunday night when Jeromy shined:

Unknown Mami












Where does the time go?! It seems like I blinked, and all of a sudden my little baby boy has turned into a Rock-N-Rollin' young man. Needless to say, hubby and I were so very proud of him. Our nine-year-old Jeromy playing at a real gig, with professional adult musicians and a fellow guitar student (named Joe, who was in high school), just rockin' away on his guitar. That was definitely one of the proudest moments of my life. But even more importantly, it really choked me up to see how happy he was to be up there, doing something that he absolutely loved. Jeromy did an amazing job, and we can't wait for the next time he gets to perform.

We're so proud of you Jeromy!!

12 blissful whispers...:

Mademoiselle Deva said...

wow! nice to see you back! secondly your little man is handsome!!! just look at him!

Aunt of 14 said...

My Gosh, your little man has GROWN!! Beautiful kid, beautiful pictures!! :)

Scrappy Girl said...

That is so cool! He looks like a rock star!

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

Okay that is a great series of photos! I love this. Hope you are well girlfriend... Sorry I've been so absent in blog commenting this past, Oh um... year! Gosh I wish I could be a better bloggy friend. Why does time go so quickly when you're on the computer?? Whyyyyy??

LOL

mimbles said...

What a wonderful experience for him. I love the photos, he looks like he's having so much fun!

Unknown Mami said...

Fantastic! I'm so happy for him. What a wonderful accomplishment. You must be bursting with pride.

ChristineM said...

I would be proud, too! He looks like a natural! Thanks for sharing!

Erin said...

That's so amazing! What a proud momma you must be!

BLOGitse said...

I can imagine how proud you are - you have your own rockstar at home! :)
SIMC greetings from Casablanca!

Joanna Jenkins said...

AWE-SOME! Jeromy even LOOKS like a ROCKSTAR! Congrats on what I hope is the first of many, many rockin gigs!
Happy SIMC, jj

Traci said...

Rock on! What great pics. Congrats to him and to you.

:-)
Traci

Closer to Lucy said...

Awww great pics..lovin the rock star! Thanks for the share!

Doing a bit of hopping. Hope you'll come by Lucy’s when you get a chance.

http://closertolucy.blogspot.com