Rub a dub dub!

This photo cracks me up because it reminds me of a time when we all managed to find some fun and laughter during what some would call a worst-case-scenario: our hot water heater completely died. I, being the neurotic mother I am, was practically in tears because I had no idea how my little baby boy was supposed to get clean. Plus it brought back memories of living in that teeny tiny trailer in Alaska [when I was little], where the hot-water heater didn't function most of the time, and we had to actually boil water in these huge pots and haul them to the teen tiny bathtub. It was actually these memories that lit up a light bulb in my head. We all jumped in the car and headed out to Wal-Mart, where we bought the biggest Rubber-Maid bin they had in stock. Then it was back home, where I proceeded to boil water in the biggest pot we had. And the rest, as they say was history: in went the hot water, plus enough cold water to get it to a decent temperature, a few squirts of baby bath, and VOILA! Instant portable bath-tub! You were so tickled about getting an old-fashioned "tub bath," right in the middle of the kitchen. It was just like the way the pioneers used to bathe their kids...if the pioneers had big plastic bins. I just love the way you always seem to make me laugh, even during times when I thought I wanted to cry!

Photo: 2004
Scrapped: 2010

Photobucket

2 blissful whispers...:

Momma Stuff said...

Stopping by from SITS...what an adventure - it sure looks like your boy had fun!! Way to be innovative!
amber :)

Joanna Jenkins said...

That is too cute! It's on of those "when life gives you lemons, make lemonade" stories. Your broken water heater will now be a sweet (and clean) memory.

YEAH

jj