Quite 'Scrap Happy' of late...


Lately I've been quite Scrap Happy, meaning of all my hobbies [yes, I admit, I am quite the serial hobbyist], scrapbooking is the one I've become obsessed with. In the past week I've completed four pages. Now I know that doesn't seem like much, but remember that we're talking about a scrapbooker who at one time took a whole two weeks to complete one layout. Even though I've been into this hobby for a few years now, a blank layout still makes me feel like a beginner. I used to sit there with my photos, some blank cardstock, a few pieces of specialty paper, and I would just stare at it all, hoping and waiting for inspiration to hit.

But lately, I don't know...it's like a switch went off in my head, and I'm finally developing more of a confidence in my ability to get the layout just the way I want it. The hardest part for me was learning to not overthink it all, and to follow my initial instincts, instead of trying to mimic all the gorgeous layouts I see in the scrapbooking magazines scattered around my house. I still find inspiration and kick-start ideas from them, but it seems I've become much more in-tune with my CREATIVE INNER SELF, and it's made me so much more confident with my scrapping. And now instead of spending hours trying to figure out how to get my pages to look exactly like the 'designer layouts' in the mags, I can focus more of my energy on MY photos and MY creative ideas. Bottom line, I've allowed myself so much more creative freedom!

Hubby is very supportive of all my creative endeavors, and he is very happy about the fact that after all the money that has been spent on this hobby, I'm actually producing results. Although what I haven't yet told him is this: as I use up more and more of my supplies, I'm gonna have to go out and buy more! He he!!

SHIRT IMAGE COURTESY OF THIS SITE
Photobucket

6 blissful whispers...:

carma said...

I commend you for spending time on your creative endeavors. I've not done that in a long while. And definitely put aside those designer page layouts and go with your own instincts. You did a fine job!!

Hey, I need to make a "Rafa" scrapbook :D

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

Hey darling girl!!

I just love your sweet comments. I was thinking about you just the other day and wondering where my Maria went??! :)

Okay, so the washing powder/soda. Not the same as detergent. It IS on the same aisle as Borax and other detergents, and it is actually a laundry booster.

I hope you can find it! Let me know.

:)

melissa said...

I really like your blog! I'm a new author and have enjoyed this new experience. I find that it's the most difficult and most rewarding. I'm also a graphic designer and love having that creative outlet as well.
Thanks for your post! I will be back for more updates. :-)

Melissa Nielsen
frommysomewhatseriousmind.blogspot.com
www.printhis.biz

Lisa Anne said...

I think scrapbooking is so cool. I wish I could do it. I don't take a lot of pictures and I don't feel like i'm creative enough. One day though, I'll have to give it a try and add it to my list of ever growing craftabilities. LOL

Joanna Jenkins said...

Nice scrapbook page! I'm way behind in mine but once I get started I can crank out pages fairly quickly. It's fun and so relaxing.
Cheers,
jj

Scrappy Girl said...

I would love to get scrappy soon. I am having withdrawl...