Father's Day: Interview with Jeromy

I wanted to do something different for today's post. With it being Father's Day, I wanted to come up with a way to pay tribute to my oh-so-awesome hubby, Fred, and at the same time make our son, Jer, a big part of it. Then I thought, why not do my very first interview, and have Jer be my guest? Pretty cool idea, right? So here it is, an interview with my nine-year-old son, showcasing how cool and awesome his Daddy is:

Ok Jer, are you nervous at all about being interviewed for my blog?
Um, no, not really...maybe a little, 'cause I'm not sure if people reading it will like me.

Oh, don't worry about that sweetie, those who read my blog already like you. So I guess my first question is this: looking back, what is your very first fun memory of your Daddy?
Probably when we were at the Baltimore Zoo. The cool memory I have at the zoo is the two of us going in the turtle shell, sitting on the lion statue, and feeding the birds in the giant birdcage. I was like, three or four.

Cool! Ok...now, how do you think your relationship is with Daddy?
I think my relationship with Daddy is special because we've really bonded.

Great! Now how strong do you think that bond is?
Oh, like, bigger than the universe! It's really strong.

That's really awesome. If you could pick one thing that is your most absolute favorite thing about Daddy, what would that be?
That he's a total goof-ball! And that he loves me very much.


Ha ha! Yea, he's pretty goofy. What is your favorite thing or things to do with Daddy?
Um, swim in the pool, we go out to play pool, whenever we have our own father-son time.


What are some things you guys do during father-son time?
Well we eat man-food, and we watch WWE wrestling together, and sometimes we play PlayStation or Wii. Oh, and sometimes we [NERF] sword-fight.

What are some cool things that Daddy has taught you to do?
He's taught me how to play pool...ummm, he's helped me learn how to use tools, and he's taught me how to ride a bike. He showed me how to throw a football, and how to hit a baseball.

Right. And you and Daddy do martial arts together. What do you think about how the two of you do that together?
Um, I think it adds to our bond. Because every time we go [to class], we train together, we work together, work side by side basically. He's a good teacher, and he's calm...most of the time!

In martial arts, what's your favorite thing to do with Daddy?
Um, the grappling...yea, definitely the grappling.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how special would say your Daddy is, with 10 being the highest most uber-special?
Oh, a number way bigger than like, a million! That number is so big, it doesn't even exist.

Wow! That's pretty big. Now, in all of your nine-and-a-half years, what has been the coolest and most awesome gift that Daddy has ever given you?
Definitely the KISS concert...yea, definitely when he took us to the KISS concert. Nothing can top that.

When you get older, do you hope to be like Daddy?
Oh yea.

In what way would you like to be like Daddy?
Um, be a hard-worker, be a good family-man, teach my kids things.

So I assume that you think Daddy is a pretty awesome dad?
Oh yea, he's the best dad in the world.

What are some things about Daddy that makes him such a great dad?
Um, we do a lot of things together. Even when has to work a lot, he always makes time for me. And he's just the best dad in the world. I couldn't ask for a better one. We laugh together, we have fun together...NOTHING can break our bond.

What's one thing that you haven't learned to do yet, that you want Daddy to teach you one day?
Drive a motorcycle!

Ok...now give me three words that best describe Daddy?
Um, ok...I actually have four: funny, loving, caring, and easy-going.

Alrighty then. Ok, so to wrap it up, tell me what Father's Day message you would like to give to Daddy today...
Um, I would say this: Daddy, I love you, I care about you, and you're the best daddy in the world. I couldn't ask for a better dad than you.


❤❤❤

And there you have it folks, my very first feature interview on my blog! Thanks for reading, and I bid all the Dad's out there a very Happy Father's Day!

6 blissful whispers...:

Mademoiselle Deva said...

this is just too cute!!! you had a great idea!!

bisous ma belle!

winkasheart said...

What a fabulous idea! And now it is down for when you want to make a scrapbook page...if ya do that, lol.

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

Jeromy did an absolute great job on the interview....of course, he's well liked...there's no worries there. His answers were so sweet. I'm sure his dad was beyond touched. The pictures spoke happiness in volumes.

Paige said...

Thanks for coming by on my SITS day! Hope you have a great week.

Joanna Jenkins said...

This might be the very best Father's Day tribute I've read! Your son is so straight forward about his love for his dad that it touched my heart.

Thanks for sharing this great interview with us. Hope your Father's Day was as special as this tribute was.

Cheers,
jj

WarmSunshine said...

happy father's day to you too :)

and what a cute kid :)