Drink Capri-Sun? You might want to reconsider...

Ok, before we go any further, I need to give you all a little disclaimer right now: if you get queasy or nauseous easily, I do not suggest clicking the link that is located at the end of this post.

Now that I have that out of the way, I will now share with you all some information that came across my Facebook news feed. One of my friends posted a link to a woman's photo album which consisted of photos of what she and her family 'FOUND' in a Capri-Sun pouch, at least besides the juice. In her photo comments, this mom explains that her family had purchased a box of Capri-Sun at a BJs Wholesale Club. When they got home, they opened up the box and took out one pouch. They noticed that the pouch was leaking, so Dad (her husband) immediately took the pouch to the sink. When he did that, he literally felt something firm and large INSIDE the pouch. So they cut the pouch open, and were VERY unpleasantly surprised. They of course took photos of IT, and the mom posted them on her Facebook, and the album is open for everyone to see. According to what I have read, she had contacted both the Centers for Disease and the Food and Drug Administration. The FDA said they did not think this was a serious enough issue for them initiate a recall. The couple have since sent out a sample of IT to an independent lab for testing. As far as I can tell, they are still waiting for results.

As I'm not completely sure about internet copyright laws, I didn't want to post any of the pics here, since I don't have permission to do so. So, I did the next best thing, and posted a link to the photo album containing the pics. It's open to everyone, so even if you don't have a Facebook account, you should still be able to see the photos. But please BE AWARE: VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED! The photos might gross you out, so be prepared:


I don't know exactly what KRAFT, the manufacturers of Capri-Sun, are doing about this situation, or if they are making the public aware of a potential problem, but I felt duty-bound to share this with as many people as possible, because the health and well-being of our children (and maybe even some adults we know!) is what's at stake. Now, I'm not big on telling other people (other than my child) what to do or what to think, and I'm definitely not going to do that here. That being said, I can tell you that my child WILL NEVER EVER drink Capri-Sun again....EVER!!

I hope this post didn't gross you all out too much, I just love you all and wanted to make sure you all were aware, so you can make the best decisions for you and your family.

And with that, I'm off to check every single drinkable thing in my fridge...

Photobucket

3 blissful whispers...:

Unknown Mami said...

Yuck! Thank goodness they didn't drink out of that pouch. It looks like some kind of mushroom. Let me know if they find out what it is.

Scrappy Girl said...

Oh gag...that is horrible. I buy a box of those each week...

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

Oh my gosh! That is disgusting. It resembles human skin of some sort. I don't drink Capri sun and never will.