Jer is Rockin' and Rollin' All Night

Do you remember when you were young, and the moment you first heard that song or saw that music video that was the beginning of your obsession with that singer or band that would forever change your life? No matter what genre of music you prefer, we all have at least one musical group that we remember as the one true band that TOTALLY ROCKS. For me, it was The New Kids On The Block. And no, I'm not ashamed to admit it! They were the cutest and sweetest-sounding guys I'd ever seen, and I couldn't get enough of them.

But enough about me, because this post is actually about my son, Jeromy's, fascination with his most favorite rock band...KISS! Yes, folks, THAT wild and crazy and legendary band. I'm not exactly sure when it all started, but I know that I have my hubby to thank for introducing our son to their music. Jer and daddy were in his truck, having some daddy-and-son time together, when hubby decides to put it in his KISS CD, and apparently that was all it took; Jer was hooked! Ever since then, for roughly the past 2 years, Jer has been obsessed with all things KISS.

During a recent routine inspection of his room, I took a minute to really take a look around...and I had one of those O.M.G. moments. Because as I scanned Jer's shelves, it hit me that this kid has accumulated so much KISS merchandise, so much so that I'm seriously thinking we should be able to invest in the company! I mean, he's gone way beyond the typical POSTER IN THE BEDROOM thing; he has toys, books, clothing, a Gene Simmons wig, etc. And every week, he HAS to watch Gene Simmons' Family Jewels..which I actually like to watch too. Here are a few photos showing just some of the KISS stuff currently adorning Jer's room...

Jer emulating his favorite KISS member. The shirt was bought at the KISS concert we took him to this past October for his birthday.

The most recent additions to his collection: KISS ROCK TAGS!

The KISS-ology DVD collection

KISS edition Mr. Potato Heads...apparently, there is no end to the marketing genius of Gene Simmons!

KISS action figures

Vintage KISS comic book, handed down to Jer by his daddy.

KISS boxed trading card sets

KISS edition toy cars, another collectible handed down to him by daddy

The ticket stub from the very first KISS concert he got to attend...he displays it proudly, folks!

Ok, so now I will admit, hubby and I are total enablers when it comes to our boy's love for all things KISS. I guess we figure it's a harmless obsession, since it does keep music a part of his life, which I'm sure most will agree is not a bad thing. For me, I do appreciate that he does love the music and not just the showmanship stuff. Thanks to his uber-cool guitar teacher, he's even learned to play a few of their songs on his electric guitar. Yes, it does feel like I have a little rock-star on my hands!

Past or present, do YOU have a favorite band or singer that you are totally obsessed with?
Photobucket

2 blissful whispers...:

Aunt of 14 said...

I love Gene Simmons, especially after watching his Family Jewels show! I can't say anything for the music because I can't hear it, but Gene is good folk.

Mademoiselle Deva said...

This little gentleman is going to be a heart breaker! prepare yourself for that! he is sooooo cute!

thank you for your words on my blog!

bisous bisous ma belle!