A photo blog...maybe...


I like to think of myself as creative, and I like to dabble in lots of different 'artistic' ventures. I've always had a passion for writing, albeit I've not yet published my novel, which has been a dream of mine since the day I learned form words on paper. I love to create scrapbook pages, even if it can take me a whole week just to get one page finished. I'm a bit of an amateur chef; cooking is considered an art, right? Even if I do set off the smoke detector every once in a while? But lately, one particular hobby has had a stranglehold on me kept the creative monkeys in my head busy: photography. Ever since Narcissa, a.k.a. my Nikon SLR digital camera, {is it weird that I named her?} came into my life, she and I have been inseparable. To say that I've been snap-happy of late would be a serious understatement! I'm pretty sure my son is sick and tired of a camera in his face constantly; the dog has started running up the steps whenever she sees Narcissa in my hands; and I seem to have become the unofficial photographer at certain homeschool group activities and at mixed martial arts class. Not that I mind! On the contrary, it's been so much fun.


Sooo, in the midst of my recent fascination with taking photos and learning more techniques in capturing great images, a little idea started to form in my head: why not publish another blog that is solely for showcasing my foray into amateur photography? I know of a few bloggers who do this, and I was thinking that it may be fun for me. Of course, POCKETFUL OF BLISS will always be my BLOGGING BABY. This will still be the primary place where I share all sorts of random pieces of my life with you all, while my photography blog would be dedicated to my more artistic endeavor. I also think it would be fun to have a sort of 'journal' that records my progress as I move beyond amateur level photography. So what's got me hesitating? Well, really only two things. The first is that it will in fact be another blog to keep up with. And if you've followed my blog even a little bit, you already know that there have been times when more than a week will go by before I post again. I guess what I'm admitting is that I'm not always a regular blog poster now, so I can't help but wonder if I even have the time to manage another blog. The second cause for my hesitation is something that I think any type of artist, amateur or professional, goes through: quite simply, I'm wondering if the rest of the world will love or hate my photos/art. Yea, that one makes me a bit anxious....

As there are only two things that have caused me to pause before diving into the creation of a photo blog, I'm pretty sure that eventually I'm gonna just do it. I mean, what do I have to lose right? So who knows, you might just be receiving an invitation to see my very own ONLINE PHOTO GALLERY. Aren't you just excited?! I know I am!
Photobucket

7 blissful whispers...:

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

How exciting! My daughter has also named her camera. I'm sure you're going to do really well in your creativity where photography is concerned. You have an eye for it.

Lisa said...

I think you should go for it! Also, a good friend of mine is starting what seems like a really fun Tuesday photo game, you have to check it out!

http://vivalabuenavida.blogspot.com/2010/02/executive-decision.html

Her blog is otherwise super awesome too :D

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

Go for it girl!! I am loving taking photos so much right now.

Anna said...

Don't worry about people hating or loving your art, do it because you love to create art.

Lisa Anne said...

I'll be posting my award on Friday. Stop by!

Mademoiselle Deva said...

That would be a great idea! Don't forget to let me know! I am planning to but a good camera for myself too! I want to purchase it before going on Vacations on May! Ahhh! This is a hobby!!!

How are you doing these days Beautiful???

Unknown Mami said...

Just do it!