Mark your calendars...

Yup, it's time to mark your calendars! Because next Sunday is the 14th of the second month of the year, a truly awesome day meant to be full of love and joy. That's right, a truly awesome occasion:

MY BIRTHDAY!!

Oh yea!!...wait, what were YOU thinking of? Oh that's right, it's also Valentine's Day. Yes my lovelies, I was fortunate enough to be born on an oh-so-sweet holiday. Now I know there's still a good ten days before MY day, but I'm bringing it up because I'm here to share with you an early birthday present I got from my awesome hubby. It's something that I've wanted to get for a long time, but the required funds seemed to always be just out of reach. Being the patient gal that I am {ok, so patient is a bit of a stretch}, I just kept waiting and waiting. Finally, after some saving up and birthday money from family {thanks to you all, my lovely family, you are all awesome!}, I finally got it. Here, take a peek at my new toy:

My new Nikon D5000 SLR camera...isn't she cute?!

I can't even begin to tell you all how excited I am about my new gift! I've already had so much fun just tinkering with it and learning all the cool features it has, but I can't wait to really experiment and get creative. And of course, I'll be sharing my astonishing genius progress with all of you. Here are just a few pics that I took:



Of course my first pics are going to be of my favorite kid to photograph: my Jeromy!
Y'all should have seen that one coming....


My Roxy Girl

So, I'm off now to play with my new toy some more, and I'll be back soon to share more of my adventures in amateur photography!

Photobucket

7 blissful whispers...:

roadrunner201 said...

Hey, your b-day is two days before mine. Bet you got a lot of pink stuff for birthdays growing up, too. I hated it then but now pink is my favorite color;-)
Sooo. . . what year?

Aunt of 14 said...

Oh, there is NOTHING like a new camera! (or any toy, for that matter) I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

I am saving up for my new camera too! It's so hard to wait...

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

What a cool birthday gift!!! I can't wait to see all the photos coming from the new Nikon!

Anna said...

That boy is too handsome!

Alicia said...

you're a valentines baby??? how cool!! and i love the new camera, its so cool! i would LOVE a new camera...sigh...maybe for christmas!

Unknown Mami said...

Congratulations! I look forward to seeing your pictures.