February Snowstorm

Our part of the world got slammed with a snowstorm that started Friday afternoon, and didn't let up until last night. For some reason the various news stations and weather watching organizations can't seem to get all their facts straight in order to figure out exactly how much snow Maryland got. Now, I don't have the PhD in weather-ology {yea, I make up my own words}, and I don't have all the fancy schmancy satellites and fun scientific tools that the weather folks do, but I do have a solution, which I posted on my Facebook status:
"The news channels can't seem to agree on how much snow actually fell. I have an easy solution: step 1: get a $2 yard stick. step 2: stick in the snow. step 3: measure the darn snow!! Duh!"
By yesterday mid-morning there was close to 2 feet of snow on the ground, and of course, the huge task of digging out paths, sidewalks, and cars went underway. Hubby got stuck at work all weekend, what with people calling off and the roads being so bad, so the job of snow shoveling fell upon Jer and I. With our combined efforts, we managed to get our front path dug out, along with a portion of the main sidewalk:


"Maybe I can literally DIG out the front steps..."

Jer: a.k.a. the SNOW SHOVELING BEAST

And let me just say folks, my little man did a FANTASTIC job. He actually did in fact do most of the shoveling, because guess who got a little snow injury whilst trying to lift with her back instead of her legs? THIS GAL! I went to lift the shovel, and all of a sudden got this shocking pain in the right side of my lower back that shot down my right leg...and I was done. My little man took care of the rest...he's such a rockstar!

After all the hard work was done, it was definitely time for some snow play:

As my lovely friend Debi put it so poetically:
"Introducing the Jeromy plant. Planted in winter,
he will grow and appear to get taller in the coming days!"








Ah yes, good times! Though not so much for me: my day will be spent indoors, with Costco-size bottle of Ibuprofen, hot coffee, and heat pad.

Is there snow where you live? Are you having fun playing in it?
Photobucket

14 blissful whispers...:

Life with Kaishon said...

Oh yes! Unfortunately we got a ton of snow this weekend too. And I am SO sick to death of shoveling! Even though I spent hours at it yesterday it doesn't look like very much got done at all! MAN!

Peterson Family said...

Wow, that is a LOT of snow! Brrrrrr......

I can't even imagine having that much snow, I think I would lose my mind! It's unreal to see that.

Wow.

AudreyO said...

Wow, mud slides here and snow and more snow there. Winter certainly is showing herself this week :)

Sonya said...

I wouldn't know what to do with all that snow!! Wowie..lol We had snow here but maybe 3 or 4 inches but thats it! I loved the pictures you took!! thanks for shareing your wonderful city:)

Jen said...

now that IS A LOT OF SNOW!

and LOVE your shots, he looks like he was having so much fun! :)

Twincerely,Olga said...

wow!!! major snow!! Beuatiful pics!!!

Amy said...

Wowzer! I am not going to complain about my snow.

noexcuses said...

Wowser!!!!! Now that's some snow! We get the wussy snow here. We are so wussy, that 4-5 inches makes a snow day!

Great pictures! Your little guy is a handsome one!

Thanks for stopping by. Have great week!

Erin said...

We have the same prob here with people not knowing how much rain fell. I guess it's a little easier to tell with snow huh?

Looks like someone had a great time in the snow!

Jen said...

Hey there! Well I'm not down the street from you, but over in Virginia :) we're 60 miles east of DC. I think our 'official' total was 32 inches. Do you have snow coming your way again on Tuesday? Yikes. I think my kids will be out of school until March if this keeps up!

Safire said...

Hello to another Marylander! Hope the plows get to you soon. Enjoy that snow...hopefully this next storm will be our last. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Anna said...

Jeez, he looks just like you!

Unknown Mami said...

Oh no! I hope your back gets better soon.

Ocean Girl said...

Oh my he is having fun, but it looks so cold to me!:)