I'm the Birthday Girl!

Yes, I do realize this post is a bit late, but it's been a bit of a busy week. My last POST was on Valentine's Day, which coincidentally was also yours truly's birthday. Yup, MY day!

Yay Me!!

My guys and I celebrated with a quiet day at home, just spending some quality time together. Hubby was on night-shifts, so we decided to postpone my annual birthday dinner until the following night. But we still managed to celebrate in our own way, and let me just tell you my friends, I was SO feeling the love all day long! My baby boy was up bright and early, and I think he was actually more excited about my birthday than I was! He wanted to make me coffee, but he didn't know how to work the coffee maker. Instead, he made sure I had my favorite coffee cup on standby. Then hubby came home around 7:45 in the morning, just coming off a night shift...and he had a dozen Dunkin Donuts in hand. YUMMY!!


After hubby got some much needed sleep, I got to open presents. I had already gotten a WAY-AWESOME present early, which was my new CAMERA. To go along with it, my guys got me a cool tripod. Now I can really play around with my camera even more, being able to take some really cool shots while keeping the camera still. I also got Season 3 of Showtime's The Tudors, the DVD set, which was way cool, since it's one of my favorite shows.

I have a slight fascination with Renaissance England...and dudes with accents.

And what would my birthday be without cake? Hubby remembered that I had mentioned wanting an ice cream cake from Cold Stone, and that's exactly what he got me:

Just look at all this chocolaty goodness in the Midnight Delight cake!

The following night (this past Monday), the three of us went out to dinner with some close friends to Kobe Japanese Steakhouse, my absolute favorite place to eat! The food there is so delicious, so fresh, and of course, it's quite entertaining watching to watch the chef and his crazy-fast knife skills as he prepares and cooks your food. So AWESOME!!

So how do I feel now that I'm thirty-{something}? Not much different, to be perfectly honest. I'm a true believer in the adage that age is nothing but a number, and that you are as young or old as you feel. For me, my birthday isn't about celebrating the addition of another tally mark to my age chart (ok, I don't really have one, that was a total metaphor), but more of a celebration of my life as I have lived it, how I'm living it now, and where I want to go from here. And overall, life couldn't be sweeter. I have my husband, who has the phenomenal ability to make me feel so loved and adored every day. I honestly don't know how, seeing as we're not what you would call rich in the monetary sense, he manages to make me feel like a spoiled princess each and every day. {well, it might have something to do with the fact that he knows I'm prone to random bouts of insanity!} And of course there's my boy, Jeromy, who has been nothing short of a miraculous blessing. He makes life that much more fun, and all I want is to enjoy every precious moment. These two guys are my whole world: they inspire me every day to be the best person I can be, and they constantly show me what's truly important. So to my two awesome dudes, my birthday is about you as much as it is about me. Thank you for making it so special!

❤❤❤❤❤

The rest of the week was pretty much like any other, but it just seemed so much busier than usual. Does that ever happen to you? You get to Sunday, and you just feel exhausted, thinking that you just had the busiest week ever. But then you look back and realize that there wasn't really anything that different about it. Yet for some reason, you literally feel SPENT at the end of it all. Oh well, guess that's life for ya!

Stay tuned for my next post: it'll be filled with awards, and why I think you should just call me Little Miss Sunshine!
Photobucket

3 blissful whispers...:

Mademoiselle Deva said...

Happy belated bday Lovely!!! May your world will be fulfilled with your wishes! I hope your dreams will come true!

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

Happy belated birthday! Sounds like there was some spoiling and pampering going on in your house and it was well deserved.

carma said...

Belated birthday greetings -- and an ice cream cake from Cold Stone - awesome. I had a Carvel one for my birthday which was just a few days prior to yours...