Random Re-cap...

It's not often that hubby has the weekend off because of his crazy work schedule. So this weekend was quite a treat for our little family, and we all got to spend some quality time together. Here's a quick re-cap of the highlights of our simple yet eventful last few days:

Friday

Retail therapy for all at IKEA (a truly magical store!)
Lunch at Don Pablo's {YUM!!}
Haircut for me at Bubbles
A matinee for me and the guys at the local cinema:

A great movie! Jer especially enjoyed it because he just finished reading the book about a week ago. And he thought the action scenes were pretty sweet too.

Saturday

Jer's Audition!
Jer got to do something for the very first time, something that was well beyond his comfort zone. Although he's a wonderful entertainer at home for mommy and daddy, performing for others is not quite his forte, and his shyness usually kicks into high gear at the mere prospect of being on a stage. Nonetheless, I've always known that deep down inside was a big ball of artistically inclined energy just waiting to burst forth. Which is why I was so glad when his homeschool friends, a set of the most adorable triplets you'll ever meet, encouraged Jer to audition for an upcoming local production of Peter Pan. He was incredibly nervous for two days before the audition, and was on the verge of an anxiety attack come Saturday morning. Still, he calmed down and regained the ability to breathe, and he courageously walked into that studio. And let me tell you, my boy did such an awesome job! He was nervous at first, of course, and a bit unsure of his footing. But soon enough he relaxed and started to really have fun, smiling and laughing as the director led them through a series of dance numbers. What I found to be ultra cool is that he was incorporating some his martial arts moves as he pretended to be a pirate. How awesome is that! The great thing about this program is that ALL the kids who audition get a part in the performance, and we'll find out next week what part Jer will be playing.

Saturday evening the three of us sat down to watch the Ravens play the Colts... and if any of you happened to watch that particular NFL game, you will understand when I say that I had two VERY sad boys on my hands by the end of the evening since the Ravens lost.

Despite a not-so-happy ending for my guys, I still think we had a great day. It takes a lot more than a football game to get me down!

Sunday

Hubby and I dropped off Jer at Sunday school, while the two us decided to walk around the local flea market until it was time to pick him up. I love flea markets, you just never know what you'll find. Take this for instance:


Hubby came across a set of mint-condition collectible KISS bookends, still in the original box which of course we just had to get for Jer, since not only is this child OBSESSED with KISS, but his parents are a couple of enablers who can't help but feed his passions. We got them for an incredible price: 20 bucks!... which is awesome considering these are going for around $150 on collector websites...and the smile on my boy's face: PRICELESS!!

Oh, and not to mention I snagged a pair of ultra-cute toe socks! Yes, those would be MY obsession:

I can't help it! Nothing cheers up my day like a cute pair of socks! Ahhh, it's the little things, right?

How was YOUR weekend?
Photobucket

10 blissful whispers...:

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

Love those flea market deals! I'm toe sock challenge. My toes are shaped so funny that my baby toes don't stay in the place they're supposed to.

I like your toe socks though. They are cute!

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

What a fun weekend! We saw that movie too, and LOVED it. I'm a huge Sherlock Holmes fan.

Also, I think you just inspired me to make a hair appointment, as I've been putting it off for a very long time while I grow it out. I think I need a little trim!

Blessings,
Sash

Cheryl said...

Nice to meet you! Thank you for stopping by. I can't wait to see what part your son gets, how exciting to see. We watched Holmes over Christmas and loved it.

WhiteSockGirl said...

Long time! I absolutely HEART your header. Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!

I will have to catch that movie, o'l Robert is one of my favorite movie stars.

I see you are still oh so mad about those strange socks.

Genny said...

I love the new look over here!!! Sounds like you had a great weekend. I think that's awesome about the audition. Good for him!

Alicia said...

i can't wait to hear what part her got! i LOVE LOVE LOVE theater! and those bookends are such a neat find, its too cute that he loves kiss! sorry my colts beat your ravens.... hope the boys recovered ok :)

Yaya said...

Those socks are awesome!

What a great weekend!

Everyday Mom Ideas said...

i cant wait for holmes to come to our local movie theatre! Hopefuly it will come soon! and those socks are just too cute!

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

OMG! Those are CUTE socks!

I had 2 very sad boys at the Cardinals loss to the Saints. Bah humbug.

Unknown Mami said...

What a wonderful, eventful weekend.