Mama's Got A Brand New 'Do!

Allow me a brief moment of vanity, my dears...

Yes, I finally did it: I got a hair cut. Now you're most likely asking why this occasion warrants a blog post. The answer is: because the last time I got my hair cut was in October...

{of 2008!}

Believe me, I'm fully aware how freakishly unreal strange that sounds. I guess I just don't often think of styling my hair very much. Ninety-nine percent of the time, all my super-thick hair just gets put up in a bun anyway, mainly because I don't like hair in my face, and I just don't really pay that much attention to my hair other than washing and combing it (and there are days when I don't even get to the latter!). Also, I do realize that I've been blessed with some really thick and luscious hair, but folks, I'm not exaggerating when I say that it can take H-O-U-R-S to wash, dry, and style my hair so it looks all pretty. Because it's so time consuming, just the idea of trying to put some style in my coif exhausts me. Thus, I take the easy way out and just comb it through and clip it up into a bun.

Any-hoo, hubby insisted that I go ahead and get it done already, so I did. It was actually a great experience for me: my stylist was super sweet and very knowledgeable, and she actually took the time to ask me questions about the style I wanted. She also gave me a ton of information on keeping my hair healthy. For example, did you know that not getting your split ends cut off can actually lead to hair loss? Now I know why I was "shedding" like crazy! Lovelle did such an excellent job, and I did promise her that I'll be going back to see her on a more regular basis, as I really don't like the idea of losing any of my luxurious locks.

So tell me, how do you like my new 'do?
Photobucket

5 blissful whispers...:

wind in the wildwood said...

You look beautiful, this was also true however before your "cut and style".

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

It is gorgeous on you! How much did your stylist cut?

Debbie said...

This is my first visit so I can't compare to your old do but you certainly are beautiful!
Came over from SITS.

Angela said...

THIS JUST HAPPENED TO ME TOO!!

I got MY hair cut yesterday for the first time in about 6 months (and my last haircut? horrible!). I, too, had a wonderful stylist and a wonderful experience.

It was so wonderful that I tipped her $10. Tell me when that ever happens, right?

Love it. A new 'do makes a new you! Big thumbs up.

Unknown Mami said...

It was time!

I love it!

Keep it up.