I Resolve...

I haven't always been too keen on making New Year's Resolutions, and I'm not entirely sure why. Maybe it has something to do with not wanting to set myself up for failure. But this year, I think I'm gonna jump on that particular bandwagon since I find myself constantly pondering over how I want this year to not just be different from the last, but better as well. I thought about posting a sort of 'year-in-review' highlight of 2009, but decided against it. Because for 2010, I'm all about moving forward. Not that there weren't a great many wonderful things that happened in 2009, for it indeed was a year of transitions, surprises, and many blessings...I've just chosen to set myself on a path towards change and personal progress. Thus, I've come up with three resolutions for myself:

I RESOLVE...

...to get serious about losing weight and getting in shape. And this time it's not just so I can wear those sexy hip hugger jeans without having a 'muffin-top' (c'mon ladies, you know what I mean), or so I can go to the beach and not feel mortified at the thought of people seeing me in a bathing suit. This time, it's because I want to be healthier. With all my pre-existing medical conditions, and the fact that I'm not getting any younger, I know I'm at a much greater risk of heart disease. And let's face it, the world would be a boring place without me, right? Plus, I do want to be a grandmother one day so my grandchildren can exact revenge on my son for all the gray hair he's going to give me one day. As such, I resolve to exercise on a regular basis, and do a complete overhaul of my daily diet. So stay tuned folks, I'm sure I will be sharing with you all the whining and possible crying that is to come. But I also look forward to sharing my joy with you as I start to lose weight. Oh yea, I'm gonna look AND feel fabulous!

I RESOLVE...

...to give my writing the time and devotion I've been promising to give it for so long. Writing has always been a passion of mine, and I still hold on to my dream of one day finishing my novel, being published, and ultimate be heralded as a literary genius (ok, that last one is probably a serious pipe dream, but I at least would like to be published...I can survive without the heralding). Lately, meaning the past few years, I've quite neglected my writing. I don't really know why it happened, except to say that the creative monkeys in my head either went on sabbatical, vacation, or a strike, and writing just became more laborious than fun. Even my journal writing and blogging suffered for it! But here and now, I resolve to get the creative monkeys back on track, whip 'em into shape, and continue my literary work. Who knows, I might just be brave enough to share some my writing with all of you (that's a BIG maybe, as most writers tend to be uber sensitive to criticism...at least this writer!).

I RESOLVE...

...to fill my life with as much peace and love as possible. What does that mean you ask? It means getting rid of all the toxic components in my life...and yes, that means toxic people as well. C'mon my friends, y'all know what I'm talking about. We all know people like that, people who bring nothing but drama and nonsensical negativity (say that five times really fast!) into your life, the ones who drive you to the point of insanity and potential homicidal mania. Yes, those people...be gone with them I say! Instead, I resolve to surround myself with those who enrich my life and bring joy to my heart...like you, my blog friend!

Hopefully, with God's help and guidance, 2010 will be a year of peace, love, joy, and many more blessings for me, my family, and for all of you as well.

*All the above photos, including my big, new and swanky blog photo way up top, are from this SITE.**
Photobucket

5 blissful whispers...:

Amanda said...

I'm generally not a resolutions person, but this year I'm doing it. I haven't blogged them yet, but they're there...and so far so good :)
I think those are really good ones! The health one is big for me too.

Working Mommy said...

All the best on your resolutions - they are all very respectable!!

~WM

Unknown Mami said...

The world would be a very boring place without you.

DysFUNctional Mom said...

Good luck, and Happy New Year!

Mel said...

Sound like wonderful resolutions to me. I too want to give my writing the time and thought and effort I've been putting off for so long. I think I just kinda push it back and back and back....then I'll get motivated and do a little bit. It's time to finally get on the move with it. Nice to see another homeschooling, writing mom.:) Just stopping by from SITS.:)