Now, on to me....(oh, a little warning, this is kind of a long post)
1. What is your favorite item of clothing?
Here's a hint: look to the right, in the sidebar, and scroll down a bit....do you see it? The rainbow colored toe socks? Yup, that's me summed up in an article of clothing! I just love how comfortable they are, how they hug my toes and keep them warm, especially during the cold winter. Toe socks are the only type of socks I wear, besides the white ankle socks I wear when I work out. And I own several pairs with many different designs on them. They just instantly brighten a dreary winter day, and it adds that extra spring in my step!
2. What are your biggest obsessions/passions?
Like my girl Deva I've changed obsessions to 'passions'. I do have several, but my biggest one is probably reading. I LOVE to read! Every time I walk into a bookstore I can't help myself, I have to buy a new book, even though my stack of 'to be reads' is on the verge of toppling over there's so many! I also have a passion for taking photos, chocolate (of course!), blogging, scrapbooking, and writing. Oh, and I will admit that I have a bit of an unhealthy obsession with Facebook...it's becoming a problem, I may to need to find a Facebook Anonymous support group people!
3. Who inspires you?
My son, hands down. He has been the inspiration for so many of the positive changes I made in my life. He was the ultimate inspiration when I decided to leave his physically abusive biological father; he inspired me to look for the right qualities in a husband and father, which is why I'm now married to a man who treats me like a queen, and is the best father any kid could hope for; he inspires me to look at the world and at life with such positivity; he inspires me to be the best mom, wife, friend, and human being I can be; and most importantly, he inspires me to nurture my relationship with God.
4. Who is your favorite designer and why?
*photo courtesy of jimmychoo.com
I would have to say Jimmy Choo. Although I've never been able to to afford anything made by him, I adore the classy elegance mixed with edginess in his shoes. Burberry is a close second, though again I've never owned anything by them. I just love how classic their designs are.
5. What is your favorite song ever?
Hmmm, that's a tough one.... I think it would have to be "When You Say Nothing At All" by Ronan Keating.
6. What is your favorite song right now?
"Pocketful of Sunshine" by Natasha Bedingfield
7. If you were a sweetie what would you be?
Peanut M&Ms....odd-shaped, a bit nutty, but very sweet!
8. Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet - what words would you use to describe your rainbow?
It's a small world after all!
9. What are your favorite films?
Harry Potter movies, Elizabeth, Elizabeth: The Golden Age, Immortal Beloved, Lord of The Rings, Braveheart, Sabrina, and Star Trek (the new one)
10. Who is your favorite actor?
It's a toss-up between Johnny Depp and Robert Redford. Johnny because I love his range and depth of characters, and Robert because..... well, just watch his movies, you'll understand!
11. If you could be anywhere in the world right now where would you be?
Traveling through Italy. It's always been a dream of mine to do that, and someday I'll make there!
12. What are your 3 favourite smells?
The top of my son's head, chocolate chip cookies baking in the oven, and how it smells after a fresh rain.
13. What are your 3 favourite tastes?
Hazelnut chocolate, coffee, and seafood (not all at once of course).
14. What is your most treasured possession?
My family, no question about it. Without the people I love and who love me, life would just be empty.
15. What did you always want to be/do when you grew up?
This kept changing as I grew up, but the first thing I remember wanting to be when I grew up was a dentist.
16. If you were an ice-cream what flavour would you be?
Rocky road: just a hodge-podge of a little bit of everything, but it all comes together somehow!
17. If someone made a short film about your life, who would play you?
Wow! I have no idea..um, probably Sandra Oh...she's Asian, she does quirky and tough really well, but she also has a softer and vulnerable side as well.
18. What would your perfect afternoon consist of?
Lunch with my guys at our favorite restaurant, go for a hike in the woods, then sit down to a hearty home-cooked meal, then off to see a movie.
19. If you were a flower what would you be?
Ok, my hubby would probably jokingly say a Venus fly trap (gee, wonder why that is?), but I would have to say Calla Lilly.
20. Tell me one random thing... be it your favourite line from a song, scene from a movie or quote from a book.....or tell me about something that you love.
"One day, rainbow colored toe socks will rule the world. Just you wait!"
- found that quote on a button somewhere.