Snow, snow angels, and sledding..OH MY!

There's nothing quite like waking up, looking out your window, and seeing freshly fallen snow covering everything in sight. Weather reports have our area under a Blizzard Warning..or is it a Blizzard Watch?... either way, we're expected to get close to 48 inches of snow. I'm not exactly a stranger to snow, as I had lived in Alaska for over ten years. But Maryland is another story: because of the impending blizzard, the state has practically shut down, the roads are bare, and everyone was at the grocery store yesterday stocking up on enough food to feed an army for three weeks. Believe me, I know, I was there! I swear, I saw people hauling around three carts filled with canned food, bottled water, and toilet paper. Why do I find this a bit funny? Because it's supposed to stop snowing tonight. Until then, I have a 9-year-old kid who's been bouncing off the walls with excitement since last night when the snow started. And guess where he and Daddy are right now? They're on their way to the big hill across the field to get some wicked sledding in. Oh yea, Jer is uber excited, and my big kid, Daddy, is pretty stoked too. Here are some pics of my little guy enjoying the snow:

"Ok mom, I think I'm ready for the blizzard now."

"Hey, where did my boots go?"

"Making snow angels is awesome!"


"Ok dad, you keep shoveling while I play! He he!"

And you're all wondering where I am, right? Because you just care so very much? Well, I'm at home where it's nice and warm and dry and cozy, waiting for my guys to get back from their snowy adventures. I'm sure they'll both be pooped out from all the sledding, so I'll be sure to have a fresh pot of hot cocoa waiting for them.


Photobucket

4 blissful whispers...:

withoutadornment said...

I love it when it snows that much! It is a bit annoying if you're trying to get from point A to B quickly, but everything looks so nice covered in a thick layer of snow!

Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!

The Wifey said...

48 inches of snow?!?! Oh my gosh!

I'm not so excited about going home to the east coast for Christmas now. Haha.

--- In From SITS

Working Mommy said...

We have gotten about 18 inches so far...and it is still falling. It is kinda funny, though, because we see people around here driving 10 miles an hour at the single sight of a flake...it is SO annoying! Have fun in the craziness!!

~WM

Unknown Mami said...

Mmm, warm cup of cocoa to come home too. Bliss.