Our Nativity: Day 1

"What GOD wants for Christmas"

This is a very special family tradition that I'm happy to share with all of you. Nativity sets are very common during Christmas, and most families who celebrate the birth of Christ have one in their home. A few years ago I managed to find one that I thought was truly unique because not only does it display the beautiful, traditional Nativity scene, but it also serves as a great way to teach children about the TRUE meaning of Christmas, giving them a true hands-on approach to learning how important the birth of Jesus is. The set is called is "What GOD wants for Christmas"...

There is a pop-up manger scene, and seven gift boxes. Each box contains a representation of a VERY important part of the Nativity story, and every day for seven days, we open one, place it on the manger scene, and read the poem (in the included book) that corresponds with that particular "gift". So each day, my family and I will open a box, each day completing the story and scene...and each day I will share it with all of you. So without further ado, here's the first one:

Gift 1: The Angel Gabriel

"...For I stand in His presence. I'm Gabriel.
And God wants you to hear the story I tell.
For my words will offer His great gift to you.
And you'll know what He wants when the story is through."

*poem from the book in the Nativity set.


What family traditions do you celebrate with your loved ones?


Photobucket

0 blissful whispers...: