Resurfacing...well, almost

Ok, I know it seems like I say this every couple of weeks, but this time I really mean it: I really am trying to resurface to the blogging world and am determined to post, comment, and basically, you know, BLOG on a regular basis. But..and yes, there is a but, at least for the time being...a few things have stood and are still standing in my way (though it feels more like someone is grabbing me by the hair and yanking me away from my blogging and overall computer fun). And rather than engage in a super drawn-out rendition of what the heck's been going on with me (and you all know I'm long-winded, but I'll spare you), I'll simplify things:


I don't know about the rest of you, but Christmas done wiped me out (and I don't just mean my bank account)! I love, love, love everything about Christmas, it's just the day(s) after when I feel like I have the worst hangover, which stinks because I don't drink! So yes, recuperation is still in progress for me.


Oh, DO NOT let the "I'm such a cute little kitty!" face fool you! Roxy is 20 pounds o' crazy in a 1 pound bag! And instead of being able to sit at the computer and blog with all of you, I instead have been patrolling my house, or more like stalking about all sniper-like with a squirt bottle in hand, hoping to catch this little furry ball of trouble in the act. What does she do? Glad you asked! Let's see...she thinks my curtains are climbing ropes and the area rug is where she gives herself a mani-pedi; she is constantly kicking the dog out of the dog's bed; she thinks the Christmas tree needs her own personal trimming touch; there is the climbing of human legs, even when the human is wearing shorts; and of course, there's her version of fluffing the couch cushions. So if you're not happy with my recent absence, blame this little thing! 'Cause I do!


Hubby has jumped on the overtime wagon at work, which means that he's been working 16-hour shifts for the past few days, and will continue to work all the overtime he can while they're still offering it. How does this affect my blogging? Let's just say that not having hubby home as much puts me in a serious funk, thus inhibiting my ability to come up with witty and interesting things to say. I'm glad I have a man who works very hard so that I can stay home and homeschool our son, but it still bums me out when he leaves the house at 6am, and doesn't come home until 11pm.
*photo courtesty of the Washington Post

And my personal favorite (NOT!!), I'm having computer issues again. What kind of issues? The kind that involve part of my MacBook's power cord literally bursting into flame. Oh yea, it happened! Luckily, the house didn't burn down, my 'puter is perfectly fine, the wall outlet is perfectly fine, and I only burnt a small part of my finger while putting the flame out. Since the power cord is close to four years old, I'm willing to be a bit forgiving about it just spontaneously combusting. However this means that for now, I have to use hubby's laptop, which is nearly five years old, and it runs PAINFULLY slow. Luckily, I found a new powercord on eBay for 20 bucks (versus paying 80 bucks at the Apple store), and it's on its way to me. I should receive it next week, and I can once again use my trusty MacBook.

Hmmm, so much for not making this all drawn-out...oh well, what can I say, I've missed all of you and I just couldn't help myself! So if you've read this whole thing, THANK YOU for sticking around.

Who's awesome? YOU'RE AWESOME!

Photobucket

4 blissful whispers...:

Deborah said...

WOW, Your very lucky your house didn't burn down!
Happy New Year! Your kitty is very cute :)

Aunt of 14 said...

Nooooo.... YOU'RE awesome!!!!! :)

Working Mommy said...

Can't wait until you're back in the game...until then I will sit here and cry...sob, sob...though, you might want to get rid of that crap-tacular Mac - then maybe life will get easier!! LOL!

~WM

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

Well I've missed you like crazy around here so I'm glad you are not gone for good... You make me smile and giggle and girl, I need that!!

Happy new Year,
sash