Thankful...


HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!

This is my first Thanksgiving blog post, so I thought, what better subject to write about than the many many things I am so thankful for? So here it is, in no particular order:

First and foremost, I am most thankful to God, for never leaving my side during my most difficult times of need. I am incredibly grateful for the many many blessings He has bestowed upon me and my family.

I am thankful for my wonderful parents. Thank you, Daddy (yea, I'm a grown woman and I still call him Daddy), for being the strongest, most noble man I know. Thank you for never giving up on your dream for making it to this country, for enlisting in the U.S. Navy and fighting in the war in Vietnam BEFORE you were granted U.S. citizenship. Thanks to you and all those in the Armed Forces, past and present. And mom, thanks to you for being the rock of our crazy, slightly-dysfunctional family, for always reminding us of how important family is, for instilling strong values and ethics in all of your children. Thanks to you both, mommy and daddy, for shaping me into the woman I am today.

I am, of course, also very thankful for my hilarious, crazy, yet loving siblings...all SEVEN of you! You all bring so much laughter and drama into my life..what would I ever do without you guys.... besides go one week without saying out loud, "Oh. My. Gosh. Am I REALLY related to them?" Ha ha! Of course, we all know I'M the designated crazy kid of the bunch, so thanks for putting up with me all these years...and for not trying to sell me to the circus when we were little. Ok, we all know you tried, but thanks for not succeeding!

I am thankful to my inherited family: my sis-and-bro-in-law, mom-in-law, and my inherited nieces and nephews. Thank you always being so loving and accepting of me, no matter how crazy and dorky I can be. Being so far away from my parents and siblings is incredibly difficult, but you all make it so much more bearable, especially on holidays like this one.

To my wonderful and true friends, I am incredibly thankful for all of you. I know it's a cliche, but I'm gonna say it: a true friend is a diamond in the rough. They can be difficult to find, but when you do, they shine a bright light in your life, especially during the darkest moments.

I am especially thankful to my husband, Fred, and our son Jeromy. To you hubby, I'm thankful for your patience, your understanding, and for your unconditional love. I know I'm what some would describe as high-maintenance, and I honestly don't know how you manage to put up with me on a day-to-day basis, but I'm grateful that you do. I'm thankful every single day that we found each other, and that you didn't go screaming for the hills after you found out how crazy I am. You are the most wonderful man I've ever known, and I feel so blessed that I'm your wife. And to my little Jer-Bear... my little man who's almost as tall as I am even though you're only nine...what my life would be like without you, I don't even want to imagine it. I'm thankful that you are growing up to be such a wonderful young man, that you are healthy, and that you have this wonderful light about you, one that emanates love and laughter to all those around you. I'm also thankful that you are growing with Jesus and God in your heart, that you understand how much They love you, that with Them, all is possible. To my Freddie-bear and my Jer-Bear: I know I say it all the time, but you still will never know the depth of it: I LOVE YOU BOTH so very much. My heart truly runneth over when it comes to the two of you.

And of course, I'm thankful for YOU, my faithful blog readers. Thank you for taking time of your lives to visit my tiny part of the web, for allowing me to share little pocketfuls of my life with you. You are all truly wonderful, and I'm grateful for each and every one of you.

May you all have a truly blessed Thanksgiving!


4 blissful whispers...:

Miss Always Carried Away said...

ohh this is a beautiful post Sweetheart! We don't celebrate Thanksgiving here in Europe and I think it's a shame. That would be wonderful to remind people that we should be grateful for many amaizng things and people we have around.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

The Girl Next Door Grows Up said...

That was very sweet and thoughtful! I LOVE the titleof your blog!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Scrappy Girl said...

Hope your Turkey Day was fantastic...my daddy is a vietnam vet too!

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

I'm thankful to be blogging with YOU sweet friend.