Fred's Green Belt...

"You must concentrate upon and consecrate yourself wholly to each day, as though a fire were raging in your hair."
- Taisen Deshimaru


Yes, my friends, these words describe my awesome hubby's attitude when it comes to martial arts. At each and every class, and at each and every belt test, he gives it his all, literally leaving it all on the mat. With the heart of a lion and the determination of a true warrior, he's giving 110% at all times. The words 'quit' and 'I can't' don't exist for him, no matter the challenges put forth to him by his M.M.A. instructors. And that my friends, is why I'm so proud to share with you that my Freddie has achieved the rank of Green Belt in Mixed Martial Arts. (His belt test was actually about two weeks ago, but I'm just not getting around to blogging 'bout it. Sorry, we were a bit busy with the move.) It took a lot of hard work, his fair share of bruises and sore muscles, but no one ever doubted that he would make it. And of course, a new belt and rank is always just the beginning. Because after the test, after the belt ceremony, and after receiving his certificate and report from the Black Belt instructors, it's back to work at the very next class, and it's time to start working on a whole new set of goals. And always, I'll be right there on the sidelines honey, cheering the loudest, and always, always, being the most proud of you.

The newest Green Belt at Dragons Mixed Martial Arts

Fred and Jer are both students at Dragons Mixed Martial Arts, and for the two of them, M.M.A. is not merely a sport, but it's become a way of life. As the Dragons MMA mission statement says, "...we believe martial arts is more then just a physical activity. Martial arts is a way of life, it is a way to develop the mind, body, and spirit of an individual. Our mission is to maximize an individual's potential through discipline, dedication, and hard work." That about sums up what M.M.A. means to my guys, and I'm so proud of them both for achieving so much. They have some of the best instructors around, men and women who share their love of the art with children and adults alike. Thanks to you all, Dragons black belts, you guys and gals rock!


Congratulations Fred, you earned it! Excellent job sweetie!


2 blissful whispers...:

Rachel Cotterill said...

Congrats to Fred - having achieved various belts in Karate & Tae Kwon Do, I know it's a lot of work to get there.

I really, really don't fancy having a fire in my hair!

Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest :)

thatgirlblogs said...

congrats!