Jeromy Has Turned Nine!

Yes, my lovelies, my baby boy is nine years old. I know it's somewhat cliche, but I'm gonna say it: time flies by too fast. It seems like only yesterday he was a tiny little baby, tottering around on his chubby legs, flashing his nearly-toothless smile, always followed by a joyful laugh.

Jeromy when he was 2 years old
Now, my little man is so grown up. Where once his favorite toys were blocks and my pots and pans, he now favors your typical big boy toys: anything and everything Star Wars, Transformers, and Legos. Where once his favorite musical ensemble was The Wiggles, now, his favorite rock band is KISS. Yes, folks, THAT band.

Because of work schedules and such, we basically had a BIRTHDAY WEEKEND for Jer, which will actually culminate into a most AWESOME birthday gift that is still yet to come. It's a surprise, so you're all going to have to wait just like Jer. Yes, I know, seems a bit unfair. But I promise, I will share with all of you soon. Until then, here is a run-down of my boy's Weekend Celebration:

Friday
First, we took Jeromy to the Build-A-Bear Workshop, where he got to create a new furry friend. This has been a yearly tradition for him since he was a year old, and he still loves to do it. I know soon enough he will get to an age where going to BABW will seen "baby-ish," but until then, I will just enjoy seeing how happy he is when he gets to bring home a new friend. This year, his new friend is a Wise Wizard Owl named Po:

Normally, tradition dictates that we all have lunch at the Rainforest Cafe afterwards, but alas, the one we normally go to had closed down. So, Jer chose the Cheesecake Factory instead. I hadn't been there in years, and all I have to say is... OH. MY. GOSH. The food portions were huge, and quite yummy. And of course, we had to have cheesecake, so we each got a slice. And the wonderful guys and gals there had a surprise for Jer:


After stuffing ourselves thoroughly, we watched the "Toy Story" double feature in 3-D. One word: AWESOME!

Saturday
Packages galore! Today three packages came, all containing gifts from a wonderful grandma and two wonderful aunts. My sister Lotus sent him a beautiful Rainbaby, which was purchased at WINDSTING ARTS, which incidentally is the Etsy shop belonging to my awesome sis-in-law, Anna, over at Wind in the Wildwood. If you have never visited her blog, please do so, she's wonderful. And while you're there, click the link to her shop. The second package actually came from Anna and her delightful family, containing a hand-made soft pumpkin, a cute wolf puppet, an Art Sticker Book that will DEFINITELY be used in our homes school, and a copy of "The Pumpkin Blanket," the perfect book for fall! And to top it off Jer got some good ol' fashioned green-backs to spend as he wishes from his grandma. So in the afternoon we took Jer to Toy R Us to spend his birthday money, along with a gift-card sent to him by another aunt.


Sunday
Today Jer went to Sunday school, then we attended mass. After a quick lunch, it was time for cake and ice cream. Jer was VERY excited to see the custom cake I made for him. I wonder if you can all guess why?


Yes, I know, my cake decorating skills still need to be refined, but nonetheless, Jer LOVED it! I made a special birthday card for him, complete with a birthday message from his favorite band, KISS (are you all seeing a pattern here?) He also loved the few gifts Daddy and I got for him, especially when he saw that we had bought some special edition Mr. Potato-Heads:

So, needless to say, this was a great birthday weekend. My baby boy is another year older, another year taller, and another year sweeter. Words can't begin to tell you how much I love this guy. He is my whole world, and though his birthdays are all about him, it's also a day for me to remember how blessed I am to have him, how each day is so precious. Because before you know, that little boy who used to love banging on my pots with a wooden spoon has grown into a smart, funny, rock n' roll lovin', guitar playin', martial arts studyin', gorgeous and incredibly loving young man. Happy Birthday to you, my Jer-Bear.

And again, stay tuned folks, there's more rockin' birthday fun to come!


6 blissful whispers...:

Aunt of 14 said...

KISS?!?!?!?! LOL it looks like Jeromy had an excellent birthday already, and you said there is another gift yet to come?! I am dying to know what it is!

Deborah said...

Too cute..Happy Birthday Jeromy! My baby boy is now 14 and I remember just a few years ago we went to build a bear...Now he would take his girl friend...Time does fly by quickly!

Miss Always Carried Away said...

awww!!! Happy birthday to Jeromy!!! he looked so sweet when he was 2!!!...

nice cake! KISS!!! lol that cracked me up! haha!

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

Awww... how sweet! Tell him happy birthday from us in the blog world!

I love that cake... didn't look like any refining needed to be done!! You rock. (get it? rock?)

Sorry.

It's just been so long... I missed you!!!

Lisa Anne said...

I'm finding that 9 is my favorite age!! The Kiss cake is totally classic and I'm loving the decorated Owl. LOL

Unknown Mami said...

Happy Birthday!

Looks like you really made him feel special. Well done.