Maryland State Fair

Yes, my lovelies, I am back! It's been a very busy time for the family and I these past few days, what with last-minute summer outings and getting ready for another fabulous home school year to start. The good news is that we're off to a great start. It's so much more relaxed and calm now that I'm in charge of the entire curriculum, versus using a pre-made one that drove us nuts last year. But before school could start, the guys and I had a great time at the annual Maryland State Fair, thanks to some free tickets that our friend Bo gave us. Thanks man, you rock! We hadn't been to the Fair in almost five years, so this was a real treat. Here are some pics from our fun trip:

Ready for takeoff...

"Dad, we're flying! Woo-hoo!"

No matter how big he gets, the giant slide is always something
Jer has to go down at every carnival or fair.

"Nothing cools you down like a rainbow slushie!"

A few prize cows.
Jer got to pet a 3-day old pig.

Aw, how could you not love this face!

Bye everyone! See you at next year's fair!

This was great way to spend our last official day of summer. Now that fall has arrived, we have a great school year, cooler weather, and beautiful fall holidays to look forward to. More on those later!

So has your autumn been so far?

8 blissful whispers...:

Aunt of 14 said...

I have never seen anything like that first ride before!! We have two state fairs going on this month-- I wish I could go to one but schedule conflicts. Oh well. Have a great day!

Scrappy Girl said...

How fun! Love all the pictures...so jealous...I am still having trouble uploading! It is really starting to drive me nuts.

Deva84 said...

oooohhhh!!! looks like fun to me! you had a blast I guess! you always go with your family to some cool places! you know how to spend time with your boys! beautiful pics Hun! bisous!

Lisa Anne said...

I love the fair. The petting zoe, seeing all the huge animals that won prizes. The rides (the gravitron) and the cotton candy. YUMO!!

Elise said...

LOVE IT ! This is such a great post and I just had to say hi because your blog is so good.. Really enjoyed my visit so thank you for sharing it and best wishes

roadrunner201 said...

Loving this new look.

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

Okay, so you know that you make my day every day right?? You DO know that don't you??? Cause you do... thanks for the birthday song!!! You're the only one who sang to me today... (so far) I'm sure others will sing eventually...

xoxo
LMM

Unknown Mami said...

I really want to go on that first ride!