Thanks Mr. Nino!

BEFORE....
My handsome young man with hair he inherited from his mother (sorry dude), which means it's thick and stubborn. So when it gets this long, it just hangs straight down, right in his eyes. And since the summer temperatures here in Charm City is usually upwards of 99 degrees, his head is one huge ball of soggy sweaty hair after about 10 minutes outside. Despite all the begging to please not make him get a haircut, it was time for a visit to Mr. Nino, our adorable, Italian old-school genius of a barber. This man rocks those scissors, and is one of the very few left of a disappearing breed of barbers who use scissors more than clippers. And after he worked his magic, we get....

AFTER!
Ah, much better! His enormous head (once again, courtesy of my chromosomal contribution) just looks so much lighter. And even Jer had to admit that he felt much cooler, and he says it's pretty nice to not have fishing-line-like hair poking his big brown eyes. Thanks, Mr. Nino, for another job well done!


10 blissful whispers...:

Jen said...

Nice job! Funny, you always want what you don't have - I would love to have thick STRAIGHT hair - instead I have this thick, coarse, wavy mess & I look like a brillo pad in any humidity :)

Deva84 said...

Your little man looks cute! I agree nice job!

Aunt of 14 said...

I like that new haircut on him, he is so cute!! :)

Scrappy Girl said...

He's a cutie...before and after!

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

NICE job! He has gorgeous hair though... most girls would kill for straight thick hair.

(Mine has a tweak to it. Not a curl exactly, just a misbehaving side that I have to talk nice to every day. So irritating!)

Unknown Mami said...

Looks good!

I have a ginourmous head. I can never find hats that fit.

Lisa Anne said...

His hair turned out great. My son is the same way. He hates to get his hair cut. I always have to fight him to go, and then he comes out happy. He too has the thick hair that gets all sweaty when he plays, so routine hair cuts is a necessity. I wish we had a Mr. Nino near us. We just go to supercuts and it turns out different all the time. It's def a hit or miss.

jennie.newland said...

Wow it looks to me that you may have a little heart breaker on your hands! That hsircut made him look so mature! HE is very handsome! Also, I have tagged you on my blog, so go check it out and please play along!

Alicia said...

awww he looks so grown up!! great job mr. nino!

Mama Mel said...

So handsome! :) This post must be a "sign" for me... I really need to cut my son's hair! I do it myself here, and since he's a big-headed boy, extra hair makes his head look ginormous! ;)