Splishin' and a Splashin' - Part Two

As the summer starts winding down we've been trying to take advantage of the hot weather to get out and have as much fun in the sun as possible. And what better way to enjoy a summer day than hanging out at the pool. My fabulous friend Lisa is a member at an exclusive (which is codeword for fancy schmancy) swim club, and she was generous enough to get passes for us for a mere $10 per person. Now I've been to a few swim clubs and pools, and this place by far is the nicest and cleanest one I've ever been to. Everything from the pool decks to the bathrooms to the snack shack was immaculately clean. There were two slides, a lazy river, vortex (a big whirlpool basically), a separate kiddie area for wee ones to frolic, a separate lap pool with diving board, and a separate 'adults only' pool. We had A BLAST! Between swimming and going down the slides, Jer and hubby had a great time. I swam, too, but I also got to lay in the sun and chit chat with my two fabulous friends. I didn't get to take as many pictures as I wanted because, well, I'm a bit paranoid and klutzy, and the last thing I wanted to accidentally drop my camera phone in the water. But I do have a few to share:

Jeromy spinning around in the vortex.

"Giddyup Dad!"

Hubby's back got a little burnt, despite numerous sunscreen applications.
A bit uncomfortable, but totally worth it, according to him.

If you live in the Timonium area of Maryland, check out Mays Chapel Swim Club.... you won't be disappointed.

So how are YOU spending these last few weeks of summer?



8 blissful whispers...:

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

"Adorkably Fabulous?" You need to warn a girl when you're going to throw out something that hilarious!!

Could I love you any more? Nope, not possible.

Lisa Anne said...

Looks like you all had a blast. I love swim parks like that, that have just more than one pool to swim in.

Sassy Chica said...

Hello Dahhling,

I also started feeling the summer blues, knowing that is is soon coming to an end. So glad to see you and your family are whooping it up at the "Fancy Smancy Pool"!!

Enjoy every last day of this summer!!

Smooches,
Sassy Chica

p.s-thanks for stopping by!

Cole said...

The fanciest part of our local swim park is the gazebo, so I am totally jealous! Looks like a fabulous time!

Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

THE ACTORS DIET said...

wow that place looks fabulous! i have such fond memories of my town swimming pool growing up. thanks for stopping by my blog!

Deva84 said...

nice! really nice! I bet you had loads of fun guys! so that was keeping you away from posting! now I know!

I'm going to south part of France for a couple of days with my parents who are visiting me this weekend and for the next week I'll be showing them Geneva.

Btw. I'm glad summer is over and FINALLY fall will come! Spring and fall are my favorite seasons!

Tina said...

Ooooh, the Swim Club sounds like a blast! I'm sure they have some around here, I will have to look into that for next summer! I am spending the last days of summer running my son to court, jail and community service. Fun huh?

Genny said...

We've been trying to take advantage of our last few days of summer too. We just got back from a family houseboat trip back east with my sisters and all the kiddos...sooo fun!