No Regrets

Thank you, Mama Mel, for tagging me for this fun photo play!

Here's the story:

The first photo folder I have in iPhoto contains very early baby pictures of Jeromy that I had scanned onto my computer, and some of them reflect my first forays into digital photo editing, such as the one above. This photo was taken in February of 2001 at the Inner Harbor in Baltimore. My boy was about four months old, and for a February afternoon, I remember that it wasn't very cold at all. I was still a brand-new mommy, and I loved nothing more than cuddling my new baby. And I love this photo because I think it really shows how happy I was to have entered this new and amazing chapter in my life. You wouldn't be able to tell from this photo because of the hugely cheesy smile on my face, but just three months before this photo, I had gone through the most difficult and saddest time in my life, when I up and left my home and family (parents, siblings) in Alaska to get away from an incredibly abusive relationship, and flown all the way across the country with nothing but my baby, one suitcase full of clothes for the two of us, car seat, stroller, and $200 in my pocket. But just in case you can't tell from how ridiculously happy I look in this photo, that was the absolute best decision I had ever made. Because in less than a year I would meet the love of my life, my hubby, who is the most amazing husband and father anyone could hope for. So for me, this photo isn't just a reminder of the first time Jeromy and I visited the Inner Harbor; it also serves as a reminder of what's truly important in my life, and that I have no regrets whatsoever.

This photo tag is pretty easy, just follow these simple rules: Open your first photo folder. Scroll down to the 10th photo. Post that photo and story on your blog. Tag three others (or more) friends to do the same. As for me, I'm going to tag these lovely blogs:




But hey, just because I didn't tag you doesn't mean you can't join in the fun! So if you feel inspired to do so, by all means, play along!


8 blissful whispers...:

Lani said...

Great picture, and a great story to go with it:)
Happy Saturday Sharefest!

Emma Hughes said...

Aw!! That photo is gorgeous!! I might do this fun task too.

Thank You so much for your kind comment on my blog :)

Mama Mel said...

Love your pic and the story behind it! Glad things are much better now! :)

WhiteSockGirl said...

The picture is lovely and the story behind it is so bitter sweet,...

All worked out best in the end, didn't it?

Lisa Anne said...

I just saw that you tagged me. I promise to get to this. I received 4 awards over the weekend and have had a crazy past 3 days, not to mention today. I promise to get to this though!!

D2the4thPower said...

Fun! I'll get right on it :)

Unknown Mami said...

Beautiful photo, beautiful story. You found your bliss and it shows.

Windsting said...

You are so strong! Love you. Anna