My Wee Bathtub

I need your input, my lovelies. See the photo above? That is a wee ceramic old-fashioned bathtub I recently acquired. I would love to be able to tell you that I acquired this piece while doing some fabulous antiquing. But not quite... I actually mooched it off a neighbor who was moving, and it's not antique at all. It was actually bought at a Bath & Body Works. Any-hoo, I've been staring at this thing for a while now, and I'm not sure what to do with it. The obvious place and use for it is in the bathroom as a holder for girly bath products or makeup. I may very well end up doing that, but I was thinking that there may be something else I could do with it, but I haven't been able to come up with anything. Not to mention the sad fact that I just don't have that much girly bath stuff or fancy face paint (yea, someone call a style makeover show on me, I'm begging you!). So, you fabulous blogger reader of mine you, I am curious to know: what would you do with this wee bath tub? And pretty puh-leazzze, don't say 'throw it away' or it could very well make me cry. I've never been the kind of gal with a talent for decor, I tend to just throw things together, so I would absolutely LOVE to hear your idea(s).

So riddle me this: what's a gal to do with a wee bathtub?

11 blissful whispers...:

Lisa Anne said...

I think this is a great find. I think this would make a great white wine carafe (is that what it's called or how it's spelled) as it is angled as one side is higher then the other.

Anyway I saw at michaels you can buy these like grape and wine stencils ( I was looking at these because since I kinda have a wine theme in my kitchen I wanted to do a cute desing on my pantry door, I'm just not that brave yet).

I would paint the entire tub like a neutral color (super light soft green or something like that, and then I would use the stencils to stencil on a really great design (like grapes and some vines) on the sides to fancy it up a bit.

Then when you have your next get together you can fill it up with Ice and place the bottle of wine in there to keep it cold.

I think this is way cuter then some metal bucket or what have you.

I don't know that's what I would do.

I hope you like my idea!! I'm the last person someone should ask in what something should be re-purposed into, but with this item I didn't have to think at all it just came to me. I guess since I've been doing so many different crafts lately it's items are just coming to me.

Aunt of 14 said...

Paint it.... and use it for guest soaps or roll up washcloths and stuff them in there . It is a cute find, don't throw it away!

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

I would probably put a couple of pillar candles in it, and fill the base with tiny river rock chips, then set it near your bathtub, and light the candles next time you want a luxuriating soak. You might need to place a block or something underneath the candles and rocks to elevate them slightly and create stability... I'd check out the craft store for that. You can find the best Spiced Pear scented pillars and rock chips at Pier 1. Good luck finding just the right thing!!

Deva84 said...

Hey Fab! What a found!
... first off you made me laugh! I had fun reading this post!

I totally agree with Aunt of 14. It's plastic so I wouldn't recomment it as a carafe... or wine holder.
For sure paint it!!! you can use spray, or even put some nice marks on it. Paint it red and later put on it cream words... fx soaps or towels... sth like that. It's gonna look nice and stylish! of course colors depends on your home deco...

Unknown Mami said...

I like it the way it is. If I were going to use it in the bathroom I would put cotton balls in it so that it would look like soap bubbles.

DysFUNctional Mom said...

LOVE Aunt & Lemonade's suggestions.

Pink Nothings said...

thanks for coming by! is it big enough to put rolled up towels in? super cute, send it my way if you have nothing else to do with it!

Mira is triplet crown said...

Makeup products will just end up with a dirty tub because somehow every container I use to store make up and girly stuff in ends up with nasty crud in the bottom, so you don't need another thing to clean.

I say planter. Fill it with dirt, get flowering plants that will hang over the sides and stick a stone fairy or something in there like she's taking a bath in flowers. Silly but somewhat funny too...

WhiteSockGirl said...

I agree with Mira,.. the planter idea sounds awesome to me.

Can't wait to hear what you decided to do with it!

Amethyst Moon said...

I think unknown Mami's idea is cute! but while you're deciding what to do with it, how bout you pour in a little champagne, and drink from it? could be a good conversation starter at your next gathering :0)

Mama Mel said...

I think it is so cute! :) I love "mini" versions of anything! I would probably use it to hold extra hand towels or soaps/lotion.