Goodbye summer...Hello Autumn!

Normally when I wake up at 6:30 in the morning because Shiloh needs to go out and pee, I'm not exactly in the best of moods. It's early in the morning, I haven't had my caffeine yet, and all I want to do is crawl back in to bed in nicely air-conditioned room, instead of standing outside in the heat and humidity of summer. But what a surprise this morning when I stepped outside and it was wonderfully cool. It could not have been more than 60 degrees. Why am I excited you ask? Because it means autumn is right around the corner! Yes, autumn, my favorite season. Don't get me wrong, I do like the summer for different reasons, but fall is when I'm happiest being outside. So for today's post I've decided to formally say goodbye to summer, and welcome in the Autumn season:

So farewell to you summer....

I will miss your blinding heat and humidity
(ok, not so much the humidity... or the blinding heat)...

I will miss spending a summer day at the pool,
splashing about and trying not to burn...
I will, however, NOT miss you, pesky mosquito,
whilst my legs have their time to heal from all your bites,
until you return next summer.

And I welcome you, dear Autumn, with open arms,
and the wonders you bring....

The breathtakingly beautiful leaves that turn the many shades of red, brown and gold....

Gorgeous pumpkins for Halloween and Thanksgiving...

And best of all, I get to wear my cozy toe socks again!

So tell me, are you as excited about Autumn as I am?


**All images above (except for toesocks pic) courtesy of Microsoft Free Clip Art.



16 blissful whispers...:

Amanda said...

Visiting from SITS! Can't wait for Autumn down here! And I agree with you I will not miss the mosquito's (excuse me while I itch one of the dozen bites I have) they really are pesky!

Jenni Jiggety said...

I like fall well enough...my birthday and wedding anniversary are both in the fall.

But I loooooove summer.

Aunt of 14 said...

Y.E.S I am so looking forward to the summer being over. Go away hot air and scorching winds. Come on over, crisp air and cool breezes!!! Goodbye yellow grass, hello leaves!!!

Alicia said...

yes i am!! i'm so excited i can't stand it!! and i love those socks... lol...too cute!

Lisa Anne said...

I thought I was ready for summer to be over, until I drove from my 106 degree weather at my home to 62 degree San Fracnisco cold foggy wet weather just 45 min away. I couldn't wait till I got back home to the warmth of the sun. I know I've been saying I'm so over the heat, but you don't know what you've got till it's gone. lol

Genny said...

Yes. I am SO ready for fall. I love this time of year!

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

Girl... your comment today, JUST What I needed...

Thankyou my friend!!

We survived. even the hoodlums I was trying to teach.

and now we're eating cookies.

Deva84 said...

I love autumn! I love love love autumn!!! do I sound excited??? Thank God summer is over. Spring and fall are my goodies! So I'm super happy but yet I can't believe it's September!!! Where the heck I lost this all 8 months???

bisous Hun!

Unknown Mami said...

Those are some pretty cute socks.

I love wearing layers. Can't do that in the heat.

It's All Good said...

Oh, Im ready for sweaters and to wear my beanies again! even though it's Florida, which means it wont get TO cold...

and to paint my nails gray. =)

BeautifulWreck said...

Visiting from SITS.

Started decorating for fall this past weekend. I am happy summer is coming to a close.

Life is good! said...

i think the 4 seasons should be, in no particular order, autumn, autumn, autumn and of course let's not forget my favorite, autumn!!!!!

Mama Mel said...

OMG! You know I am SO excited for fall! It is also my favorite season. We have been noticing the days getting shorter... it starts getting dark earlier now, and I tell my hubby, "The days are getting shorter... We're getting closer to fall..." He knows I'm excited too. I'm looking forward to great food (pumpkins!), and cooler weather. But, here in AZ it won't be very fall-like until November-ish. *sigh*

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

I absolutely adore Autumn! Unfortunately it will not arrive for probably 2 more months here in Phoenix. Bah humbug!

Red Writing said...

I can NOT tell you how excited I am about fall! I am having a special giveaway in its honor. HOpe you'll come check it out!
Visiting from SITS...have a great week's end.

Atlanta said...

Im soooo excited about fall! I need to drag out the fall decorations! I cant wait to be able to walk the neighborhood in jeans and a sweatshirt at night. Ahhhh the caramel apple cider... yum.