Chocolate-Hazelnut Filled Croissants

My dear BFF (Blogging Friend Forever), The Lemonade Makin' Mama, inspired this week's Tasty Thursday post. She loves just about everything French, and if you haven't yet, check out her blog to see her posts of how she's been inspired by Paris and France... but not until you've shared in Tasty Thursday with me. Because this week, I present you with....

Chocolate-Hazelnut Filled Croissants
I will admit right now, that my baking, let alone pastry-making, skills are pretty mediocre. So, I tend to enlist help from ready-made products, such as the prepared croissant dough I used here, and the bottled chocolate-hazelnut spread, Nutella. I am a total chocoholic, and for me, paring it with the rich flavor of hazelnuts is just genius. Seriously, I wish I could go back in time and find the very first person to think of mixing those together and give him or her a big kiss!

This recipe is super easy: unroll each piece of croissant dough out of the can. Then you spread about a little less than a tablespoon (or more, depending on the size of the croissants) of Nutella on each dough piece, spreading evenly. Next you roll up each croissant, making sure it's nice and tight and the Nutella isn't oozing out of it. Finally, just pop in the oven and cook for the amount of time recommended on the can of the croissant dough you're using, and voila!

Bon appetit mes amis!



15 blissful whispers...:

Lisa Anne said...

Oh You had me a chocolate and then , made me even more excited when I read croissants. This looks super easy and really fun. I'm so gonna try this out sat morning!! What a great end of summer treat for the family!!

Tina said...

Stopping in from SITS to say hello...

Now I'm craving chocolate. Gee thanks. 20 minute trip each way to the grocery store that I wasn't going to make until this weekend. Getting ready to go as I type this...

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

OH MY WORD.

Stick a fork in me. I'm done.

Did you know that I have a slight Nutella addiction? Slight as in, there are slightly fewer times that I would not like some Nutella, than there are times that I WOULD like some Nutella.

I buy it in bulk at Costco.

Sadly, I just threw an unopened Nutella into my foodbank donation box, because I went on a MSG ingredient freak out and threw away all my food. More on that later...

I may have to go dig it out now.

Deva84 said...

ahhh it looks delicious! too delicious! coz I'm still on a diet!

so delicious!

I see you went with French today!
alors bisous ma biche!

D2the4thPower said...

Yummy! I'll have to try this :)

Aunt of 14 said...

*DROOL* That sounds so good!!!

valentine said...

oh that does sound good. a warm nutella pastry, how can you go wrong?

Unknown Mami said...

NUTELLA!!!It makes life better.

Lisa Anne said...

I'm spreading smiles. Check out my blog to collect your smile!

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

I have both of these ingrediants in my fridge and find myself wanting to walk in there right now! :)

Mama Mel said...

Oh My Goodness! I can't wait to try this! I love Nutella and I love croissants! And even easier, too! I love using the ready-made crescent rolls too! I think I have both ingredients to make these for breakfast tomorrow morning. Yummy! :)

Live.Love.Eat said...

This is amazing looking. Going to try this for sure. Nice to meet you, thanks for coming by!!!!

~Bobbi~ said...

I have both of these ingredients and think I'm gonna make some tomorrow. Yummo!

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Great idea on using a mini muffin tin.

Raisingarrows said...

Those look DIVINE! (and what a fun blog you have here! :) )
~Amy

Atlanta said...

Ooooh this makes me miss the Brioche I had in Italy. Maybe Next time try brushing them in egg whites and some raw sugar. (before baking) Mmmmmmmm. YUM!!! The best one I had over there was filled with custard. *Drool*