"8-ball, corner pocket"

These photos were actually taken last year, but as I was perusing....well, actually, trying to organize the insane amount of photos on my hard drive...I came upon this set, and I couldn't resist posting them. Jeromy had so much fun learning how to play pool (or is it billiards? I can never which is which). He had been wanting to learn for such a long time. And he didn't want to learn on a table that was miniaturized for kids. No way... like everything else, he wanted to learn how to do it the way the big boys did it. These two had a blast! I joined in for a couple of games, but of course I lost; my pool playing skills are incredibly lacking! Jeromy on the other, took to it quickly. He even beat Dad a few times. And me being the uber-cool homeschool mom that I am, I used it as an opportunity for a combined math and science lesson, as we discussed 'angles' and 'banking shots' and force. Cool, huh? I love photos that show the great relationship these two have, it does nothing short of making me glow and shine inside. I hope you all enjoy them as much as I do!

Getting the pool stick...I mean cue, ready.

"Ok Jer, let Daddy show you how it's done."

"This is my concentration face...
can't you tell by my tongue sticking out?"

"And this is my 'I just beat my Dad twice in a row' face."

"Thanks for teaching me Dad! This rocks!"


9 blissful whispers...:

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

I love that last one of the two of them... so sweet!

Hope you are feeling better!

Lisa Anne said...

I love playing pool. Your son is so patient. My son would just be like go away, I can do this on my own. LOL

I love going through my old pictures and just remembering the fun, crazy and sad moments.

Yankee Girl said...

I'm horrible at playing pool. I only play it when I know my opponent won't make fun of me!

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Lisa Anne said...

LOL thanks for the comment. I thought about being neutral but in my serious FOOTBALL household that just wouldn't work. lol you have to pick a side. lol

I don't knwo what to do, stay tunned it will be interesting to see. I'm even excited to make the decision. lol

Scrappy Girl said...

I am a terrible pool player...I can not get the hang of it! LOL It is really pitiful to watch!

Thanks for entering my giveaway! All the compliments you gave me were so sweet. Thank you.

Jen Sue Wild said...

What sweet pic.. I love the one of your son and DH too sweet!!

Jennifer said...

That last picture is awesome.

Kathie @ my net finds said...

so sweet! I suck at pool :-( I can't even hold the stick correctly-lol!

be sure to enter my 100th follower giveaway if you haven't already, plus check out my new one on Friday, plus I have a swap now!

~Bobbi~ said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your posts are too cute!