Tasty Thursday: BLT Wrap

Last month I posted about a great foodie-find of mine, the whole-wheat 'Roll-Ups' made by the folks at Damascus Bakery. I am normally not a sandwich girl, and have only recently converted to becoming a wraps-lover. These wraps from Dasmascus have been absolutely wonderful as I embark on my 'lifestyle change' of getting in shape and eating healthier meals. Now, that being said, I will confess this: I LOVE BACON! I'm such a worshipper of delicious, crispy, fatty porcine meat! So what's a girl who's trying to lose weight do when the cravings for scrumptious bacon hits her? Here it is my friends: low-fat BLTs!


I took a whole-wheat Damascus Bakery wrap, and spread a super-thin layer of low-fat mayo on it. For those of you who aren't mayo fans, don't fear! These fabulous wraps are unlike anything else out on the market because they are SO moist, that you don't even need any type of dressing or mayo on the filling (unless of course the dressing/mayo is for flavor). I piled on a good amount of Boston lettuce (organic and hydroponic grown), crisp low-fat turkey bacon (again, lifestyle change my friends!), and some cherry tomatoes. I rolled it all up, and voila! A delicious, light, and best of all, low-fat and healthy lunch for a hot summer day in July!



12 blissful whispers...:

Mama Mel said...

OMG! This looks sooo delicious! I am a big fan of BLTs! I would probably add avocado to mine... Mmmm! Gotta go buy me some bacon now! ;)

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

Great, now I'm starving for a BLT, and my tomatoes are still green... Rats.

Mom in High Heels said...

Yummy! I don't eat meat, but I'm sure I could come up with something to fill it. I just picked a bunch of ripe tomatoes from my garden!

Anna said...

That looks so yummy! I would never have thought to put a BLT in a wrap. BLTs are one of my favorite summer foods, when you can get the produce from the garden, it is so yummy.

Jenette said...

YUMMY! I've been making BLT wraps for awhile but should probably start making them low fat. I also recently came across a BLT pizza recipe that's really yummy.

Lisa Anne said...

I love any recipe with bacon. This is a great spin to make a BLT healthy. I love it. I am definetly having this for lunch today. I love Rachel Rays BLT (Bacon, Leek and tomatoe) salad, I think it would be a lot healthier with turkey bacon. Anyway her dressing is to die for, you should really check it out. Next time I make it I'm posting it on my blog. Yumm you've made me hungry!

LeLe said...

Mmm! Looks De-Lish!! Thanks for stopping by today & for the well wishes!

WhisperingWriter said...

That looks so good! Bacon rocks!

Jen Sue Wild said...

yumm!! I know what I will be makeing for lunch tomarrow!

Aunt of 14 said...

That looks SO good!!!!

Deva84 said...

It looks so delicious! and I'm on a diet! damn it!

Unknown Mami said...

Yum, that's all I have to say.