PEGBOARD IS COOL!


I am by no means a gal who is crazy about going to the hardware store unless it's to pick out new appliances. I usually reserve the privilege of finding nuts, bolts, snaps, screws, tools, etc., for my hubby. Little did I know the treasures awaiting me that lurked in the aisles of what I would often refer to as the "man store"! I discovered a little slice of wonderful called PEGBOARD AND ACCESSORIES. Ever since we moved into our apartment the biggest challenge has always been space and lack thereof. For months all of my scrapbooking supplies stayed in boxes, to remain there until I found a way to house numerous accoutrements of my addiction. With pegboard and the all hooks, bottles, and little bins you can get with it, I've managed to organize everything without taking up much floor space, plus the added bonus of getting rid of more moving boxes. It also makes me feel like I have my own little 'scrap store' in the house every time I look at it, which is so much fun for me! So for my visitors who just might happen to be looking for an organizing idea, give pegboard a chance...it's not just for garages anymore!

My crafting scissors.

A small shelf I made using two long hooks and a small scrap of wood.

They even make bottles that screw right onto the board! Cute!

My other scrapbooking supplies stored away in my IKEA shelves/bins.


To BFF Kim who is my organization guru: aren't you proud of your little grasshopper? He he!

14 blissful whispers...:

Krissy said...

I LOVE how this turned out!! Such a wonderful idea!

Mama Mel said...

What a great idea! That would be so helpful in my messy office/craft room/junk room... ;) I am hopelessly disorganized!

Thanx for stopping by my blog today! Have a great day! :)

Andre said...

Hey, can you organize the garage here in Alaska. Its exactly how we left it, 12 years ago.

Multiple personalities.. said...

@ Andre: Wow, really? I think that might require professional help! :)

scrappysue said...

love the new supply board! thanks for stopping by

Windsting said...

Well aren't you little Miss scrapbooker of the year!
Mal says, "he,he, he", as he stuffs his face with banana creme pie. Gosh he is sick!

Alicia said...

oohhhh i could totally use pegboard...i haven't even thought of this!! it looks fantastic!

momentsinaneye said...

Hi, Great organization. Your work room is great and so is your blog. Happy creating.

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

And did you also know that you can SPRAY paint that pegboard in a gorgeous color as well??? Just thought you might want to know that since you have such a cute thing going so far... I have one in my craft closet, but it's sprayed just boring old white. LOVE the organization.

Jennifer Juniper said...

Wow, these pictures just highlighted what a mess my studio is...must get some peg board!

Scrappy Girl said...

I have pegboard over my crop station...it is FABULOUS!

I went to The Container Store this weekend...so many cool ideas to hold my scrap stuff...next time I am going in with measurements and my checkbook out! LOL

The Sassy Chef said...

What a great idea for organization! BTW Thanks for visiting my blog today! :)

Momma G.Love said...

Great ideas! I need to get my stuff out of storage and get working on some layouts. It's been too long!

D2the4thPower said...

This looks great! I need to do some serious organizing in my sewing room/office. It's terrible, and I can never find my scissors!!