Mad Skills


This is my first time posting for Small Talk Six Saturdays, so I hope you all like it! If you want to join in the fun, click on the button to the right and you'll be on your way...oh, but read mine here first!

"6 Talents I Wish I Possessed"

I always wished that I had my mother's beautiful singing voice.

For the life of me, I just can't seem to get the hang of
'driving with two feet' thing to drive a stick shift!

I've never had a knack for running, but I do wish I could run a mile
without having to stop and beg for oxygen!

I've always wanted to learn how to play the piano,
ever since I heard Beethoven's 5th.

I've always had a passion for writing, but I'm convinced the poetry muse is determined to ignore me forever. I would love to be able to add poet to my repertoire of talents.

I wish I had my mother-in-law's mad cake baking and decorating skills. I can bake a basic cake using boxed mix, and slap on some ready-made icing, but decorating a cake with panache and skill? Not quite yet!


What are your mad skills, or mad skills you wish you had?


9 blissful whispers...:

Becky said...

What neat wishes and beautiful pictures you picked!
I taught myself to drive a stick shift (after I bought it! at age 16...kinda had to learn then, lol) and it was fun!! I do miss driving one now.

Maria@Conversations with Moms said...

My husband tried to teach me to drive manual a few times. I got nervous going uphill, I started rolling backwards. I haven't tried since.

Veggiemomof2 said...

I never did get the hang of driving a stick either. Again I think my lack of patience stops me from learning alot.

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Happy Saturday to you! I am slowly making my way around to all the blogs that visited me when I was featured on SITS to say "Thank you". It is indeed a fabulous SITStahood.
Be blessed!

Mira is triplet crown said...

Oh my list is far longer than 6. But I suppose we're supposed to be happy with ourselves as we are aren't we? I'm working on it but I think your 6 are reasonable and not self deprecating. Thanks for visiting my blog!

Dee said...

Stick shift is the only car I've ever had, best advice I can give is practice in your regular car, and learn on the highway, LOL. Good luck learning. I would also love to learn to decorate cakes...but I have to learn to bake them first..mine always come out terrible...even the box!

Rana said...

Stick shift. I wish I could master this one too. Welcome to the STS! Great list!

Staci said...

Cake decorating is a popular one this week. I wish I was better at it too. I drive a stick-but I stink at automatics now, lol. I feel lost in them!

Scrappy Girl said...

Hmmm...I wish I could sing well...love to sing in the car to the radio...just wish it sounded ok.