Heritage Fair + Fireworks = 4th of July!


The Annual Heritage Fair in our town is one of the most exciting highlights of the year. There's music, great food, carnival rides, and magician with a monkey..what more could you want! The biggest thrills for Jeromy was getting to go on the rides and climbing the rock wall. That along with the fried dough and crab pretzel we ate, plus seeing the magician with the adorably smart capuchin monkey, and listening to some great music made for a fun afternoon.

Metal sculptures designed by local artists.

Ascending the rock wall...

Jeromy enjoying a ride with his Daddy...

Only a mother who truly loves her son will get on a ferris wheel despite a serious fear of heights!

Running the obstacle course

The magician and the monkey...

Enjoying some fried dough and a crab pretzel...

Meet Dodo, the new 'pet' Jeromy brought home from the fair.


That evening Jeromy and I headed out to watch the Annual Independence Day Fireworks show. Unfortunately, Daddy couldn't be with us because he had to work. Although we missed him, we did enjoy watching the night sky light up with some spectacular pyrotechnics. There was even a group of guys who gave us a sort of 'pre-game' show with the fireworks they brought out. What a fantastic way to end a fun 4th of July!

Happy Independence Day!

5 blissful whispers...:

Marina said...

Sounds like you had a fun filled 4th of July!

P.S. I'm coming over from SITS....bunny hop over to enter 4 great giveaways:http://energizerbunnysmommyreports.blogspot.com/(Dr Hippo books, CoverBee Laptop sleeve, Chex Mix bars, Piggy Paint- 10 winners in all!!)

Mama Mel said...

Hi from SITS! Thanx for stopping by my blog today! Looks like you all had a great 4th! I am a little afraid of ferris wheels myself... I once went on a giant ferris wheel, and was totally freaked out by how super-high it was. I felt like I was gonna fall out! Never again...

Have a great day! :)

Multiple personalities.. said...

Thanks Marina, I'll have to definitely check those out!
And Mama, it's good to know I'm not the only one who's intimidated by those big spinning things at the fair! Thanks to you both for stopping by!

Scrappy Girl said...

I am not a ferris wheel rider...no way! Love all your pics...what a cute little guy! Thanks for visiting my blog...I just signed up for SITS today and I love it so far!

JM - The Princess said...

Thanks for stopping by through SITS! I am going to show my husband your comment because he swears my car is the only one in the world that looks that way.

Looks like you guyshad a great time at the fair but you have to tell me what is a "Crab Pretzel"? My mouth is already watering - is the crab all wrapped up in pretzel dough, yummmmm!!!