Dignity and Worth


"Christians recognize your dignity...
Christians recognize your worth."
- St. Augusta


This quote is one that Father Paul, a priest at our parish, has used in his sermons in the past few months. Yesterday's sermon at Mass was no different, except this time, I was actually paying attention...now come on, don't judge me! I know I can't possibly be the only one who spaces out at Church every once in a while....um, right? Anyway, this time around I really listened to Fr. Paul whilst he explained what St. Augusta meant, and it triggered a sort of 'self-examination' on my part. To put it simply, the quote means that we should all be living a life worthy of the sacrifices that Christ had made for us all, worthy of the indignities He suffered so that we may be saved. Of course, Fr. Paul explained it with a lot more eloquence and depth than I ever could, but that's the gist of it. I left Mass yesterday with such a feeling of inspiration, that I knew I needed to share it will all my friends here in the blogosphere. I think I may have just figured out what it means to lead a purpose-driven life, and I actually FELT what it means to be made in God's image. And y'all, it was such a powerful realization that it practically took my breath away! I mean, talk about feeling blessed and humbled, not to mention inspired to live a life of grace, humility, service, and gratitude. I want to be a wife, mother, sister, friend, and woman that is worthy of God's unconditional love, and Christ's immense sacrifices. Yea, I know, seems like a tall order, right? But it really isn't! Because for me, wanting it is half the battle, and with God's ever-present guiding hand, I know it's possible.

I don't have an exact plan formed just yet, but I do know that changes, however big and small, will be happening in my life, all because I actually paid attention at Mass yesterday. So boys and girls, pay attention... you never know when God is talking to you!

How have you been blessed lately? I'd LOVE for you to share with me!



10 blissful whispers...:

Rbarakat said...

Wondeful post, TFS. Reminds me of one of my fav songs "God is speaking" Mandisa sings it, check it out on you tube.

Alicia said...

fabulous post and great picture!! it's such a humbling experience when we truly understand the gospel!

Mama Mel said...

Great post! :) Most of the time, I leave church feeling refreshed and ready to be a better person. I think that is one of the best feelings! :)

Have a great day!

thatgirlblogs said...

I guess going to church would be a good first step, in my case...

Genny said...

Thanks so much for sharing the inspriation! This was great!

Amy said...

This was so powerful. I remember one time when I was in church it hit home and the tears came out. I think it is wonderful...

Thanks for coming by my blog. It is great to meet you..

Love the socks...

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

Well, I'm always blessed by your sweet comments on my blog. You always say the nicest things... and yes, I will not forget the toilet paper. You only do that once.

Jen Sue Wild said...

What a great post..

I have been blessed in so many ways.. the sun has been shinny, my kids are healty and happy and the love of my life will be home from a long deployment in 2 weeks.
Life is great.

Lisa Petrarca said...

SO TRUE! God is calling each one of us to our ultimate purpose, we just need to be still and listen.

Thanks for stopping by my Blog...I'm pretty sore today!!

~Bobbi~ said...

Amazing! I have been feeling like I need a change in my life. I keep putting it off, and still feeling that emptiness. The sad thing is that I know God will fill that space, but lately I haven't been asking- just popcorn prayers throughout the day and I need more!