Cell Phone Case by Moda Bake Shop


I haven't had much luck finding a proper case for my new cell phone (see previous post). I wanted one that enclosed the entire phone, not just those gel skins that hugged the outer shell but didn't cover the face. And I'm not a fan of those plain black 'pleather' ones...not enough color on them. So my solution? Make my own! Thanks to the fabulous ladies at Moda Bake Shop I was able to find a great step-by-step guide on how to make one. I changed a few minor things: I decided to exclude the handle, I resized it a bit to fit my cell phone, and I used Velcro instead of a snap. I love that it's 'quilted', which provides some 'cushiness' and extra protection. It was relatively easy to make, I got all the fabric I needed from my scrap pile and used leftover batting. The only thing I really needed to buy was the Velcro. Simple and economical! Interested? Check out the instructions at MODA'S website. Have fun!

The panels cut and ready to be sewn...

The finished product.

No, it's not an accident that this color scheme matches my blog!



19 blissful whispers...:

Scrappy Girl said...

How cute! I love MODA. We once saw a display set up like a bakery with their "jelly rolls" and such...they even had a "day old" shelf for the marked down items.

Ms. Wanda said...

Hi, Thank you for stopping by my site:)"Size Aware!" Love that:)

Love your cell phone case, how stylish! I think I'll try and make one myself, notice I said, "I think!" I let you know:)
Have a great day,
Ms. Wanda

Transparent Mama said...

Okay! This is so cute. Good sewing there. I want one that matches my blog too! :)

Kelly said...

Very cute! And I love the colors.

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

Ha! I was wondering about your color scheme the second I saw that pile of fabric!!

Oh, I love piles of fabric. They make me feel tingly. Is that wrong?

Have a lovely DAY!

Mama Mel said...

Very cute! :) I love the blues and browns together too! :)

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

Dang, I should have asked those guys if they had rum...

Did I mention that last year someone stole our rum right out of our campsite?? Who would do such a nasty thing?

Probably those pirates! Arrr.

Unknown Mami said...

Very cute! You did a great job.

Aunt of 14 said...

HEY, that is an incredible idea!!! It is SO SO SO cute!!!!!

Beth said...

Cute idea and very talented that you can actually make what you think up! Im not good at sewing (yet) but might take a class or two once we move to learn! I have so many ideas of things I'd like to make but dont know how. I love the colors together too. Thanks for coming by my blog and I will add you to follow your blog! :)

roadrunner201 said...

Nice! I do not have this kind of talent. It looks great. Thanks for coming over to my blog and gushing over my sweet little man!

Lisa Anne said...

That is so cute. I'm trying to find reasons to justify me buying a sewing machine so this great. Different outside the making my own pillows and drapes. =)

Valerie @ Frugal Family Fun Blog said...

Ooooo... your cell phone is so lucky to live inside such a stylish case! I'm adding this to my list of presents to make. So lovely!

Sara said...

How cute!! You did great with the pictures and how the whole case was put together!

Noah's Mommy said...

oh super cute...I am a fabric junkie...and LOVE that....you did a great job....Happy SITS day

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

How adorable. I love the colors.

Chelsea said...

Love it!! Super cute. I wish I knew how to do things like that...

D2the4thPower said...

LOVE this! I may have to make one myself!! Thanks for sharing!

alfred said...

Besides the above mentioned materials, phone covers are made from carbon fiber, rubber, fiberglass and many more. Different mobile covers have their own specific features, but mostly they are made to give protection to the cell phone from dirt, dust, abrasion, bumps and moist.

e_cell