"Caniculares Dies"

Latin for: "Dog Days of Summer"


I first introduced Shiloh in a post about a month ago, but for those new to my blog, she is the youngest and furriest member of our family. She is a 30-pound beagle, although she has been described by others as looking like an overgrown Dachsund because of her coloring. One of her favorite things to do is roll around in the grass in the backyard...especially after I've just given her a bath! Go figure... here are more photos of her, doing what she does best: acting like a lazy princess, sunbathing in the grass, and cuddling with her human Daddy!

Shiloh and her best friend, Jeromy

"Why do they bother with doggie beds and blankets when
all I need is this wonderful grass?"

"Don't you judge me human! You know you wish
you could frolic in the grass naked too!"

Nothing sounds as sweet as a Beagle baying...
you gotta own one to understand, trust me!

After a day of playing outside in the sun, she loves nothing more than
cuddling with my manly, Harley-riding biker hubby on the couch.


11 blissful whispers...:

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

There is nothing better than a happy dog in summer. :)

Lance and Jewls said...

What a sweet dog! Thanks for droppin' by, your sentence made me laugh...and made me curious :)

Mama Karebare said...

what a cute doggie

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

That is great!!

Funny to hear about your boat incident... boats are evil. Nothing good ever happened in one. I mean, if you don't count fishing. Or enjoying yourself on the water. Or getting some exercise by rowing.

Holly Noelle @ Domestic Dork said...

Awwwwww! So cute! I <3 dogs, but the husband? Not so much.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Love the last shot!!!!! :) Thanks for the visit...hope you get to try those fries! :)

The Sassy Chef said...

aww how cute is she! looks like she had a ton of fun in the sun!

Anna said...

How sweet! Dogs have a way of melting even tough guys. My big scary looking hubby melts over our little 3 pound maltese. So funny. I have always wanted a beagle. Stopping by from SITS.

Lisa Anne said...

SO cute. I want a dog so bad, I just don't want to deal with potty training and picking up the poop.

Aunt of 14 said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE that picture of Shiloh and your husband!!! That is like the sweetest thing EVER!!! And why on earth do dogs always have to roll around in grass AFTER a bath? I got two furry babies myself and they get baths like every week!!

Equidae said...

lovely photos...dogs are so effectionate :)