1st Time Fishing


My previous Before and After Post includes a photo of the very first time that hubby and I took Jeromy fishing, so I felt it only appropriate to share this scrapbook page I did of that very special day. I remember that it was a hot summer day, and the only way I would agree to let him fish off the pier is if he was wearing a floatie. Hubby, with the belief that 'men don't wear floaties when they fish', tried to talk me out of it, but Mama put her size 7-and-a-half foot down. Hence, the blue floatie that I'm sure was sooo hot on a July day in Maryland. We bought Jer his first Spongebob fishing kit, which he thought was the coolest thing ever. He didn't catch anything that day (and actually hasn't yet since that day), but he was such a happy kid. The big picture on the right is one of my favorite pics of Daddy and son; it's just one of those photos that no matter how many times I see it, it's like seeing it for the first time, and it never fails to make me feel warm and fuzzy all over.








I still consider myself to be somewhat of an amateur scrapper/cropper, so this page just got done a few days ago ...about 6 years in the making! Yes, like many scrappers out there who take way more pictures than her/his scrapping skills can keep up with, I'm very behind. My biggest problem is that I get to a point where I know which photos I want to use, which papers and embellishments...and then I get stuck trying to figure out how to put it all together. I'm still learning the many tricks and techniques of the trade, and I think it all makes me 'over-think' things. But if there's one thing I've learned about scrapping, it's that if you try to scrap according to someone else's time-table, or with some unreasonable expectation of getting years of photos done in a short amount of time, it totally takes the fun out of it, so I just learn to be patient with myself. And I'm sure I'm not the only one who's WAY behind on her scrapping.....right?? My fellow scrappers, please tell me I'm not breaking some type of unwritten scrappers' law by not being totally caught up on the thousands of photos in boxes and on my computer!

6 blissful whispers...:

thatgirlblogs said...

Thanks for visiting my blog, I love yours! The colors are so peaceful.

I used to be a wicked scrapbooker but am sadly out of date now. Hopefully this will inspire me...

Susan Miller said...

Thanks for stopping by!

I love to scrapbook, and I refuse to get rid of my stuff, but I moved 2 years ago, and it got packed up and never came back out... I really need to make some time for it, but more than that - I need space for it.

Lisa Anne said...

I just tried to comment don't think it went through, if I duplicate myself sorry. lol anyway i've always wanted to scrapbook but can't get past my handwriting. So it took you 6 years, hey it's taken me 9 and still nothing, so better late then never. At least you did it. =)

Genny said...

I wish I was more of a scrap booker (is that a term? lol). I think your page looks great!

Windsting said...

Maan,

Your scrapbook photos always look great. Anna

BrnEyedGal said...

What a CUTE page!!! Love it!

Im a scrapper too and Im just takin it one day at a time...(Im like 5 years behind..LOL)