Hope In Future America...

This is a piece I posted today at another writing blog called  Pictures,  Poetry and  Prose:


Share your opinions, share your hopes.
An interesting day for America,
but your writing can be about any
aspect of politics you want to write about today. 

The vast majority of those witnessing today's events, whether in person at the Nation's Capital, or at home on television, are going to see history made as the first African-American President takes office. But as for me, my excitement stems from a much more meaningful milestone: today my eight-year-old son has the opportunity to watch our Nation's past, present, and future histories converge in an extraordinary way. He will, for the first time in his life, come to bear witness and understanding of the very ideals this great nation was built upon, to see with his own eyes democracy at work. In this time of tremendous financial turmoil and uncertainty, it can be difficult to find hope for a brighter future. Today, as Obama gets sworn into office, many have discovered renewed faith and hope in "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness." But as for me, my renewed spirit is touched by watching my son coming to understand what it means to be an American, to see the culmination of a life of public service and patriotism. And through this, my hope is that he will find within himself the inspiration to be a part of great change and prosperity in America, for himself and for our great nation.

God Bless The United States of America.

0 blissful whispers...: